Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting the dreaded blinking red light from the URPA. Ran the codes and it tells me the far right rear is bad. That's the passenger side, correct?

After the new sensor is in, will the codes clear themselves or is the manual clear that needs to be performed?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
The right corner sensor is the outside passenger sensor

To clear the codes you have to drive forward at least 15mph
Stop then turn the truck off
Turn the key on and shift into reverse within five seconds then turn the key off

The codes will not clear if the diagnostic connector is still grounded(jumper in place)

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I got the code that the right rear corner was out. I started moving the sensors around and now have the right rear and right center out. I can take the sensors from the left side that are not giving codes and move to the right side and still get the same right sensor codes. That leads to believe that the wiring harness is bad, but the truck has rarely been in salt. Is it common for the harness to fail on a southern truck?

----------

tested the harness and it seems to be good, at least to where it plugs into the main harness. Beats the crap out of me....

·
Registered
2003 EXT / 1976 Eldorado
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part number is 25723406. I just ordered one off fleabay for $25 shipped. Said it was tested and working...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts