Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home the Service Power Steering warning popped up. Shortly after I noticed an increase in the required turning effort. There is no pump whine and the fluid level was at HOT when I got home. I'd like to fix this ASAP as I have a track-day planned for Sunday that is non-refundable.

Is there a common culprit to the warning popping up? Can I pull codes to see what it is? I'd hate to rush order a new pump only to find out the rack (or other part) is the issue. Are there other parts that could cause the issue? Do V1's have variable power steering?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2008 CTS V
2 Posts
First time posting / replying....My '08 CTS V has same issue / problems. Dealer said new VES needed. Had it done with no improvement! "Service Power Steering" displays in DIC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
GM did not produce a CTS-V in 2008, and VES is a system - not a specific part. If a dealer made a repair that did not fix the issue about which you complained your first step is to return to the dealer for additional repair and/or refund on their initial wrong guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts