1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Having it towed right now.

Thanks, Ranger.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
I just put a delco remmy in mine, $130 from advance w/62mm pulley. Double and tripple check which size pulley you need OR get a new alternator WITH the correct pulley for the alternator, if not, it's possible a shop will put whatever size you have on the new alternator and if that's say a 57mm pulley and the new alternator needs a 62, you'll be overdriving the alternator and it could burn it out faster / damage it, alternatively if yours has a 62mm and it's put on a 57mm alternator you could end up with an underdriven / low voltage setup. $305 w/labor isn't bad IMO, that sucker was a PITA even with the stupid access door, I spent 2 long hours fiddling with getting it dropped w/o punching the radiator, otherwise it's an easy job for someone with small hands...

·
Registered
07 STS 1SG / 10 STS 1SG / 17 XTS
336 Posts
I put the delco remy from advace in mine a few months ago and it has been working great.
It was probably the hardest job to date that I have done to the car, and I have done a lot. It would ALMOST be worth it to pay somebody for the labor, but I can't bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Delco Remy in and the car works well. It's almost like it has more power, like I can hear the RPMs better. Is the AC supposed to fade out when i throttle to 2500 RPM? It comes back, but it fades away when accelerating mildly and heavily. Is that normal for this car ('96 STS)?

Just checking.

Other than that, it works.

I took it to a cheaper place to save $130. They must have somehow disconnected the parking break, because I have to manually reach down and release it with that curvy metal piece...

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac CoupeDeVille 472 / 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT
62 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm new and inundated looking through posts - LOL...

I tried to send Raze a private message, but as a new member was prohibited...

A couple of people talked about getting alternators from "advance"...
Is that a parts supplier? And if so, can someone post or message me their contact info?

Thanx in advance (no punn intended :bigroll:)

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac CoupeDeVille 472 / 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT
62 Posts
My bad,

Found Advance through Google

Thanx anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts