Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what are the possibilities here. The car starts normally but unless i keep the gas pedal pressed the car shuts off when RPM reaches idle. Looks like its not holding at idle.

I did also have a CEL light that indicated o2 sensor. I dont know if this is related.

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a little update.. I went back to the car where it was left evening time and now it works. I was able to drive it back home. Its very weird why this happen I am wondering what things can do this. Now I am concerned it will leave me stranded again when this happens. Could it be that the Florida heat had an effect on it? The only change from when it wasn't working until i went to it was that it was cooled off. I checked the engine temp and it was fine.

·
Registered
2000 Catera
314 Posts
No it's definatly not the heat. I live in Michigan and travel to Al and back often never turing the car off in the summer with the ac running no problems. You say you had an o2 sensor code come up. That could definatly be it! Replace that first then see what happens. An O2 sensor will definatly cause it to stall. Especially at idle speeds

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's definatly not the heat. I live in Michigan and travel to Al and back often never turing the car off in the summer with the ac running no problems. You say you had an o2 sensor code come up. That could definatly be it! Replace that first then see what happens. An O2 sensor will definatly cause it to stall. Especially at idle speeds
Actually now that I think the code may have displayed something about EGR. Would that cause this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts