Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I need the driveshaft end and will gladly pay and pay overnight shipping.
Need mainly the rubber boot and metal piece it attaches to, but would prefer the whole joint w/bearings. Does anybody know if it's normal for the bearings to come out of the cage?
Otherwise I guess I'm ordering the complete drive shaft :(

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,047 Posts
Don't have one here, but I can bump this thread.

What the heck happened?

Nice pic, btw.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
I have a complete driveshaft I was keeping for myself as a spare... what is it worth to ya? It's got 34k on it and the pillow bushing is in good condition.

I may be willing to part with it to help out a guy in need. I can always but another one at a later date.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't have one here, but I can bump this thread.

What the heck happened?

Nice pic, btw.
Not too sure, I've taken my diff out before and the bearing and back plate that connects to the yolk all stayee connected to the driveshaft. This time it all came apart, and the bearings all fell out. I thought I had it all put back together good, but when I drove it for a day it strted making some nice noises. Looked under the car and the joint had spit its grease everywhere. When I went to take it apart again the rubper boot had a tear in it, it also looks like the boot plate was shifting around there are wear marks on all the bolt holes, I think the bearings were binding up somehow.

I have a complete driveshaft I was keeping for myself as a spare... what is it worth to ya? It's got 34k on it and the pillow bushing is in good condition.

I may be willing to part with it to help out a guy in need. I can always but another one at a later date.
PM sent

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nmairer your inbox is full
Ya the Friday one I'll have to bite the bullet.
Tally me up a bill and I'll send the cash.
Thanks you are a life saver..
Tommy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts