Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around a bit before asking - I need to change the bank 1 upstream O2 sensor on my 05 V8. Can these be accessed from below, or what needs to be removed?

I poked around the hood, was able to find the connectors to determine which type I had, but haven't been able to dig into it to figure out how to change them. If it's going to be a real chore, I'm just going to change both of them (200k miles, would rather do them in pairs anyway). I had the drivers side engine bay cover off but didn't see an obvious way to access the sensor. Is there additional exhaust heat shields that have to come off to access them?

·
Registered
Cadillac
185 Posts
Do with cooled down exhaust

I would change both HO2B1S1 and HO2B2S1 (fronts) so they have a balanced left/right oscillation rate
Best is get a O2 sensor tool, bought most places as it allows to get tool around the wires and onto sensor with a ratchet with an extension

Remove O2 wiring connectors from wireloom first so the wires freely spin while turning,
Only put wiring connectors back on after new sensors are installed
Best case if having some MAF or electronic cleaner is spray the wiring pins of the O2 connectors of main wire loom before plugging new O2s connectors in
Do not fold up or crimp down the O2 wires as there is a air path inside the wires O2s use as reference air

Buy OEM, not generic, they should already have anti seize compound on the threads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts