Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Jesse, you out here? Any body else get this Error 1017 when putting in W4ME tune? I was just reading another post about some uploading problems now i have one too. After trying to upload twice with the key in the on position the device read Upload Stock Error 1017. I even tried taking out the 4 BCM fuses as one guy suggested (sorry i don't remember who said it at the moment).I tried it again with the key on. No go. Then i tried it with the key in the run position. eh eh, nada. At 11:00 at night i figure i will let it go for the night. I did not try to start it after putting the fuses back and all. Gotta go to work tomorrow and my Dad is borrowing my truck so hope all is the same....

Anyone got any ideas why this comes up? Jess I'll be callin! Thanks Guys!

Mike

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Mike call me now if you want. Im in the office.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
There are a total of 6 BCM fuses. 5 10A and 1 15A. I pulled all 6.
After a failure, restore back to stock first before trying a new tune.

·
Registered
2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V
128 Posts
Mike,

what did you find the problem to be after talking with Jess??

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
also please post up the build date of your V...this way Jesse can organize whats the issue with what build date

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You get that date off the door panel? He says that i may have to call SCT if removing the all 6 BCM (I only saw 4 in the dark) doesn't do the trick. That he hadn't seen my error before.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
239 Posts
You get that date off the door panel? He says that i may have to call SCT if removing the all 6 BCM (I only saw 4 in the dark) doesn't do the trick. That he hadn't seen my error before.
Open the driver's door, and look for a silver sticker in the lower door opening, on the body of the car. The sticker is on a vertical surface, under the tire pressure decal.

·
Performance Enthusiast
2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550
479 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have Performance , Max Performance and Pulley programmed in my unit. I started off with the Performance tune and everything loaded fine. After reading a positive thread on the Max Performance I decided to try loading it in and that is when the problems began. The Performance tune was already loaded so I returned the car to Stock before attempting to load the next tune. When loading Max Performance I received the 1017 error code and the message ECU Not Supported. :eek: I can restore back to stock and load the Performance Tune all day without issues but when I try the other tunes I consistantly receive this error :confused: Anyone else have a similar problem or know of a solution?

Jess... I'll be contacting you today for your assistance.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys. I see someone else has a bit of a problem:rant2:

I just want to say that i had tried the max tune a few times now and i pulled out all (6) of the fuses first and still have the stock upload error. I have not tried the performance tune yet. I guess i should.
As far as my build date it is 12/08

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Performance Enthusiast
2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550
479 Posts
Hey guys. I see someone else has a bit of a problem:rant2:

I just want to say that i had tried the max tune a few times now and i pulled out all (6) of the fuses first and still have the stock upload error. I have not tried the performance tune yet. I guess i should.
As far as my build date it is 12/08

Anyone else have this problem?
Hummmmmmmm.... Try the performance tune. If the performace tune is the only tune that you can load then your problem would be identical to mine.
Have you reached Jess yet?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well TS i have not tried the Performance tune yet but i will later today. I have called Jessy on this, He says that he has not seen this error yet and that i may have to contact SCT, the Mfr. of the handheld.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
For everyones information, You dont have to go back to stock in between programs. If you want to go from performance to MAX performance, or any thing, you dont have to go back to stock. The tunes will automatically overwrite the stuff needed to transfer my tunes into the right spot.

Your error must be something to do with going back to stock and then trying to reuse the custom tunes and it is thinking you are a new car. You can only go back to stock a certain amount of times before needing a hardware reset also as it thinks you are swapping the unit to a different car each time.

I have a firmware update for those who want to email me and try it. I dont think it will fix any of these problems, but it will fix the STSV ones for no comunication.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
For everyones information, You dont have to go back to stock in between programs. If you want to go from performance to MAX performance, or any thing, you dont have to go back to stock. The tunes will automatically overwrite the stuff needed to transfer my tunes into the right spot.

Your error must be something to do with going back to stock and then trying to reuse the custom tunes and it is thinking you are a new car. You can only go back to stock a certain amount of times before needing a hardware reset also as it thinks you are swapping the unit to a different car each time.

I have a firmware update for those who want to email me and try it. I dont think it will fix any of these problems, but it will fix the STSV ones for no comunication.

What kind of a hardware reset ??

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jessy, I am doing this for the first time. Is the procedure of of the hand held to first upload the stock tune and then to download the custom tune into the car, correct? I have not tried to do the performance tune yet, as i will today on lunch. I will keep you posted. Is there a particular instruction i should read off that CD that comes with it? Because there are so many, i dont know which to use.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
No you dont have to do anything first. The unit does it all for you.

When you get the unit, all you do is hit program vehicle.
Then select the custom tune tab.
Then you just select your tune.
It will show on the screen what you need to do next.

As for the hard reset, SCT would need the unit to reset the counter. "This is only needed though if you are returning to stock over and over again for no reason.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
But when I bring it to the dealer, I need to revert back to stock every time, in case they fool with it.
So this cannot be done unlimited number of times... I do have a 6yr/100K mile warranty and intent to keep it that long.
The fact that it's already tied to my vin number doesn't help? I guess when it fails we'll give SCT a call.

So the Unit knows when it's already saved the stock and won't overwrite the saved stock accidentally with a tune that's currently in the car.

Hans.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
So Jesse do you mean you need the hard reset when you try to go back to stock continuously or is there like a # of stock times before it needs the reset. I.e..10x back to stock and you need a reset,etc

1 - 20 of 85 Posts