Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade Hybrid
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer seems to be at a loss with what it would take to upgrade my current steering wheel to an OEM one with the heat option. Are all steering wheels pre-wired for both options? Would I need to send an update to my module? Or would a simple plug and play swap do the trick?

·
Registered
Cadillac
122 Posts
It is not standard on base US models. I would dearly love to have it heated too. It may require a different wiring harness, I hope not

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
It's a 50/50 chance it's pre-wired.

Used to be the wiring harnesses would include additional wires for upgrade options but that has started to become the way of the past to save a few cents. I had an 2008 6.8L F-250 4 door 4WD company truck once that came new with only an AM-FM. Figuring it to be 'plug & play', I bought an OEM AM-FM CD off of eBay. But NO, the rear speakers didn't work so I removed the rear triim only to find in the speaker cut out the speaker harness and speaker plugs for each side. So I installed a pair of EOM rear speakers; still no sound. Investigating further I found out the speaker harness from the rear only ran up to the passenger kick panel and stopped at a junction plug, only several feet from the radio. I ended up getting a wiring diagram and some of the pins for the radio plug and junction plug to complete the speaker wiring. It wasnl't that big of a deal but it was agravating to learn they stopped just several feet short of completing the wiring for the rear speakers.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
All escalade hybrids did not come with heated steering wheels whether it be the regular or platinum edition.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I have the one from my 2010 in excellent condition for sale if you are interested. It's heated and comes with the buttons/controls on both sides. PM me.
I swapped it for one with no woodgrain from a suburban.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts