·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
to be honest
i would guess its a firmware rewrite
it basically come down to what your willing to do
if you want to use the latest disc you have to do the firmware upgrade
if it erases your drive beyond function your looking at 1k for a new uk unit from schram or 4k from the dealer
if you think its worth the risk i say go for it
if it was me, id probably do it

·
Registered
-02 STS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My fingers are itching really bad...I guess that is the only way to find out..No risk of frying anything else then?

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
nope
just the nav
it wont brick the nav i dont think as it does have programming on the disc for a us unit
but it may turn it into a us spec unit

·
Registered
-02 STS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Since the analogue TV broadcastings are gone anyway and I don't care much about swedish radio that wouldn't be much of a loss.
Hmm 1000$ ..gonna sleep and see what wife says about it

Your efforts are highly appreciated over here :thumbsup:

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
not a problem
like i said im pretty experienced with these systems
but id feel bad if you wipe you unit based on me ya know?

·
Registered
-02 STS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Anything you say seems logical and after reading about a guy with a 04 or 05 SRX able to read European maps with hs US unit it seems like this might just work, or at least the map will...
If it don't I'm not going to blame you, just the retards at Denso

·
Registered
2011 STS, 2003 Cadillac Seville STS
270 Posts
Good morning guys, in real need of p/n 19115256, to help reset my AVN on a '03 seville would it be possible anyone can send me more info my email is [email protected]

Thanks much,
Ahmad Daraghmeh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of the blue my '02 STS NAV stopped working with typical symptoms described in some of the threads "Cannot load system software... " The dealer is playing clueless very convincingly, declaring I need to give them $1000.00 for an "exchange" unit.

If I could buy a copy of the disc (GM # 19115256) from someone along with a copy of the instructions I would be VERY APPRECIATIVE! I tried to send a private message through the forum board but it says I can't due to spam problems (guess they have not figured out what 'captcha' is.) Please reply to my email [email protected]. THANKS!

-Cliff

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
Just a little info update for you all since our dealership is going through an issue with getting this disc (#19115256) for a customer. Before the days of the GM NavDisc Center (GMNDC) dealers could order any disc part number for their customers. Now that the GMNDC is in the picture there are some restrictions concerning the software update discs. First, only dealers can order the software update discs. Second, each dealer can order one of each software disc (as they need them) for free. Each disc after that initial free disc will cost the dealer some money. The dealer is also supposed to provide the GMNDC with a bulletin that provided the part number for the software update disc when placing the order. In theory, a dealer could order a disc for a customer and sell it to them, but GM doesn't really see a reason for a customer to purchase a disc that they will only use once.

So, to sum up the way I understand this, GM doesn't want customers doing software updates to their Nav systems, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

·
Registered
2002 STS
2 Posts
I have accidently dumped the software in my 2002 Seville Navigation system. Model number is 25755059. I have been looking to buy or borrow a update disc for it. GMNAV Disc says 19115256 is not available and I should use 15943724. I guess they can only sell that to a dealer. Any information as to where I may find one?

Doug

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,051 Posts
I am currently trying to hunt down the software disc myself. If I manage to get a copy I'll let you know. I have located it at a local dealer, but they will only schedule a service visit to do the update and won't sell a copy of the disc.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS
150 Posts
On the 19115256 disc, all that's there is a single file LOADING.KWI that 7.18 MB in size. Can be burnt onto any blank CD.

Joe

·
Registered
2002 DTS
5 Posts
Hi people,

I just got my 02 DTS Caddi back from the dealer and they screwed up my radio/navi.

It now says: Caution cannot load system software disk type incorrect please isert correct system disk.

Of what I understand I need the 19115256 disk or similar.

Does anyone have the disk available or have a copy of it I will pay for it if possible and pay for the shipping.

Can you email me and let me know.
[email protected]

Thank you,

Caddi02DTS

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS
150 Posts
If the dealer screwed up your nav, they should fix it at their own expense. What specifically did they do to screw it up?

If you want to buy Sal a nice round of drinks (click on link above) - not just a drink - or become a supporting member of the forum, I can probably help ya out with 19115256.

Joe

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,051 Posts
Anytime the power is removed from my nav unit, the software gets dumped. Maybe yours is the same way. In any case, I'm sure the dealerships parts department has a copy of the disc or can get a free one from GM Nav Disc Center if they haven't gotten one before. All that being said, become a supporting member of the forum and get your very own copy. Like I said, it may loose the software whenever power is lost...dead battery, unhook battery to do some other work...etc.

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Hello Joe.

We have a customer in the same situation. They changed the battery and now the NAV/stereo is disabled. What is required to obtain a copy of the part #19115256 firmware for the system?

Thanks,
Daniel Fuller
Manager
Dick's All Auto Repair, Inc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

I'm wondering if I can use the service update CD with GM part. no. 19115256 for my -02 Delphi (Denso) DVD-based stock navigation unit or do I have to use another one?
The reason I ask is that since this car is sold in Europe I have the RPO code
U3S.
Your domestic ones have the RPO code U3R or U3Q.

Any info would be appreciated since the dealers here in Sweden hasn't got a clue..
any chance you still have a system cd 19115256 to bring a 2003 sts radio back from the dead?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Joe.

We have a customer in the same situation. They changed the battery and now the NAV/stereo is disabled. What is required to obtain a copy of the part #19115256 firmware for the system?

Thanks,
Daniel Fuller
Manager
Dick's All Auto Repair, Inc.
any chance you still have a system cd 19115256 to bring a 2003 sts radio back from the dead?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts