Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see all the time light bulbs for the headlights at autozone. for white or "blue" color. Can i buy some and put them in my car?

and also i was looking into airbags for suspension. I heard they handle well for suspension and cornering and i think it will be a nice way to help lower the car. Has anyone ever done this or know someone who has?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
i see all the time light bulbs for the headlights at autozone. for white or "blue" color. Can i buy some and put them in my car?
Can't tell you, because we don't know which headlights you have. You could have the halogen 9006 bulbs for the low beam. Or D1S HID bulbs for the low beams.

Best way to tell is to turn your car on, turn the headlights on (if they aren't already) and press the windshield wash. Of course the windshield blades will turn on and the fluid will squirk on the windshield. However, if you have the HID set up then the little triangles will come out twice and spray the headlights too.

KOT

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely dont have the Hid set up just straight halogen i believe. Would it be possible to replace a bulb?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
Of course it's possible to change the bulbs.

You'll just have to remove the entire bumper cover and remove the headlight housings. You'll need to install 9006 for low beam and 9005 for high beam.

Some will say to remove the air box housing and the fuse box. But I will highly recommend that you NOT do that. Because several people have had electrical gremlins, days to months down the road.

KOT

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
pinspade has reported a post.

Reason:
That much trouble to put new bulbs in?
Forum: Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007
Assigned Moderators: JimmyH, AAIIIC, odthetruth, Hoosier Daddy

Posted by: Kingoftypos
Original Content:
Of course it's possible to change the bulbs.

You'll just have to remove the entire bumper cover and remove the headlight housings. You'll need to install 9006 for low beam and 9005 for high beam.

Some will say to remove the air box housing and the fuse box. But I will highly recommend that you NOT do that. Because several people have had electrical gremlins, days to months down the road.

KOT

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,404 Posts
pinspade, Please stop using the Report icon (!) in your attempts to post. Your questions are being sent to the CF Site spam detection forum.

If you are using a "smart phone" to post, it isn't.

I have copied the two questions to this thread to show you where your posts actually went.

Thanks for the consideration, Sub

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pinspade, Please stop using the Report icon (!) in your attempts to post. Your questions are being sent to the CF Site spam detection forum.

If you are using a "smart phone" to post, it isn't.

I have copied the two questions to this thread to show you where your posts actually went.

Thanks for the consideration, Sub

I'm sorry I just realized what I was doing. I misread it I thought it said respond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts