Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hade my oil changed yesterday and also had the wheel click TSB done. I got a 2013 SRX as a loaner and I really liked the NAV interface as compared ours. Map graphics are better, bluetooth interface is better, etc. It looked like all of the hardware matches what I have in my 2012 V Sedan so I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the software to what the SRX has. I am not talking about a DIY hack, I would like to know if Cadillac can and will do this. BMW used to upgrade my software when I had their car and I was hoping we could get the same service.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
no, sorry

CUE is only available in 2013 ATS, XTS, and SRX

2014 CTS will get it (as will other cadillacs as they are redesigned ... Escalade i'm looking at you)

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RippyPartsDept said:
no, sorry

CUE is only available in 2013 ATS, XTS, and SRX

2014 CTS will get it (as will other cadillacs as they are redesigned ... Escalade i'm looking at you)
I am not talking about CUE. This was not that, it was just a better interface tat we have now. Same buttons on the dash, but improved look and feel.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts
I am not talking about CUE. This was not that, it was just a better interface tat we have now. Same buttons on the dash, but improved look and feel.
Oh, I know what you're talking about....

It's their standard pre-CUE NAV system. Each vehicle as differences. I for one HATED the nav on the SRX... Are you sure it was a 2013 you're talking about? I thought the 13 SRX's had CUE. Any chance it was a 2012? That sounds more inline!

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
the pop-up Nav has been successfully installed in a non-nav CTS
(documented in a thread here somewhere in the CTS 2nd gen forum)

i wouldn't recommend it though

it's not a manufacturer approved upgrade and any troubles you would have with it would be your own to figure out

·
Registered
None
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I know what you're talking about....

It's their standard pre-CUE NAV system. Each vehicle as differences. I for one HATED the nav on the SRX... Are you sure it was a 2013 you're talking about? I thought the 13 SRX's had CUE. Any chance it was a 2012? That sounds more inline!
Might have been a 2012 as it definitely wasn't CUE. I just liked it better than what I have now. As far as I am concerned, my 2006 Lexus had the best NAV experience for me so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts