Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am a bit new to the forum but was curious to know if any of you guys or gals ever tried to retro fit stsv body parts ie. hood , bumper,fenders if so how much or how little fab work is required? I now some will probably will blurt get rid of it and get a stsv but I personally think this would be a cool project constructive opinions would be appreciated. I am planning on fabing a header and exhaust system ,I consider the sts as to the mustang gt, is to the cobra (stsv) which has the potential to have a bit more go. I just want to be clear im not trying to break records just want to have a cool and classy cruiser thnx.:)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,392 Posts
Please accept this as personal opinion - not flaming or hating.

Forget the ricer conversion tries and save some bucks to buy the real thing. Aftermarket support for your car is almost non-existent, so any changes would be cosmetic only. Keep your present STS clean and maintained and shoot for the moon tomorrow ......................

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
STS is already really classy car, the mods will not add enough power to make it worth doing.
The body changes will cost a good chunk of change since they are not making parts and donor cars are only found in junkyards after accidents.. there were only ever 2500ish TOTAL stsv cars produced in the 4 years of production..

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks I know it will cost a bit but I love my sts, I recently bought a new challenger r/t so fast isn't the goal, ricer not really ,custom yes! if I can get away with the hood I think that would add a more muscular look I really appreciate the feed back .

·
Registered
'11 CTS-V Coupe M6, '05 1SG STS4 V8
377 Posts
RICER to add OEM STSv body panals, did I really read that? That's hilarious no joke.

To the OP, for what you'll spend locating all the body panals (if you want everything STSv), youll have invested close to enough to just sell your car and buy the real thing.

Don't be ashamed to make the car your own with your own touches, otherwise you just blend in with everyone else.

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol thanks guys I'm in Texas and I've found numerous stsv donors with several color trims that are the same year and the prices are affordable but thanks for pointing out the obvious but statements like parts are limited is far from true at this point in time aftermarket stsv hoods are selling new for 900$ so the hood acquisition will not be a problem. I guess I'm asking a more specific question is will the bolt patterns similar or how different are they thanks for the feed back guys

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Most people want new original GM parts not aftermarket ones... So a NEW OEM hood is not likely to be found... Aftermarket parts on a limited production model can be of low fit / finish.

Everything will 'bolt up' just fine except for the STS-V wheels as they are 6 lug and the STS is 5 lug (unless you have the summer tire option which was rather rare)

This is not an exhaustive list ... just things off the top of my head:

To clone the outside to be an STS-V you'll need:
Hood
Grille (upper and lower)
Front bumper cover
Fog lights and mounting bracket
Rear bumper cover
Side skirts
Trunk lid or just the STS-V spoiler
6 lug STS-V wheels and the parts behind them to allow them to function and the Brembo brakes
Various suspension components
Strut tower brace
4.4L Northstar with supercharger
6L80 6-speed transmission

To clone the inside:
gauge cluster
center console
entire dash assembly
all 4 door panels
all seats
rear deck

One final upgrade that the STS-V never had would be the Alcantara (I think its called) headliner used in the STS Platinum.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
hydro79 said:
Lol thanks guys I'm in Texas and I've found numerous stsv donors with several color trims that are the same year and the prices are affordable but thanks for pointing out the obvious but statements like parts are limited is far from true at this point in time aftermarket stsv hoods are selling new for 900$ so the hood acquisition will not be a problem. I guess I'm asking a more specific question is will the bolt patterns similar or how different are they thanks for the feed back guys
Try an order one of those V hoods...

They are on national back order. It took me 3 months just to get a new chrome front cap for the hood.

·
Registered
2005 STS V-8
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear the hood is a pretty rare item to find.
thanks ill check it out

----------

yikes three months well good thing im a patient man lol thanks!

----------

can any one post a pic of the bolt patterns of the stsv hood hinges the dimensions look pretty close thnx

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
hydro79 said:
thanks ill check it out

----------

yikes three months well good thing im a patient man lol thanks!

----------

can any one post a pic of the bolt patterns of the stsv hood hinges the dimensions look pretty close thnx
Bolts right on. Same hinge assembly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts