Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 cts and it's an amazing car I like fixing it to look nice on the outside. Problem now is I'm out of ideas on how to make it look nice on the outside. So I was thinking of moving into the engine part. What is yall opinion on fixing a Cadillac cts with a 3.0 engine is it worth upgrading it or did I make a mistake in not getting the 3.6 engine. For my car i was planning on buying an airaid cold air intake and a magnaflow exhaust kit. Or should I spend the money on other thing to make it more a show car and not a race car?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,416 Posts
Moved from the Lounge (non-specific chitchat forum) to the CTS Performance forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Submariner409 said:
Moved from the Lounge (non-specific chitchat forum) to the CTS Performance forum.
your comment is irrelevant to what he asked I am actually interested in the same thing

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Sub's comment is not irrelevant. The OP posted in the wrong subforum, and Sub moved it to the correct one.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
So I have a 2010 cts and it's an amazing car I like fixing it to look nice on the outside. Problem now is I'm out of ideas on how to make it look nice on the outside. So I was thinking of moving into the engine part. What is yall opinion on fixing a Cadillac cts with a 3.0 engine is it worth upgrading it or did I make a mistake in not getting the 3.6 engine. For my car i was planning on buying an airaid cold air intake and a magnaflow exhaust kit. Or should I spend the money on other thing to make it more a show car and not a race car?
Whether or not it was a mistake to choose a 3.0 instead of a 3.6 is for you to decide. As to making it a race car or more of a show car, I vote for show car. Short of an engine/drive train transplant, it isn't ever gonna be a race car. You bought one of the most appealing Cadillacs built in decades, add some aesthetic touches and enjoy! :)

*Do the CAI and exhaust too. You'll pick up a few HP's and a better sound!

----------

your comment is irrelevant to what he asked I am actually interested in the same thing
Sub's comment was relevant and correct. If you want gen2 CTS specific info come here. If you want general chit chat go to the lounge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
vfaninva said:
Whether or not it was a mistake to choose a 3.0 instead of a 3.6 is for you to decide. As to making it a race car or more of a show car, I vote for show car. Short of an engine/drive train transplant, it isn't ever gonna be a race car. You bought one of the most appealing Cadillacs built in decades, add some aesthetic touches and enjoy! :) *Do the CAI and exhaust too. You'll pick up a few HP's and a better sound! ---------- Sub's comment was relevant and correct. If you want gen2 CTS specific info come here. If you want general chit chat go to the lounge.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm you must not be educated enough to know the definition of irrelevance

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
And you must not understand how this forum works.

Each subforum has its own purpose. The lounge, where the OP posted the thread originally, is not for vehicle specific questions.

Submariner409 is a site moderator. He moved the thread to the correct subforum, posted that it was moved, and the reason for moving. He wasn't responding to the question, he was performing a task as moderator.

If you have any more issues with how the site is moderated, PM a mod. But I'd suggest holding the attitude.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
3.0 sedan
Oh, I'm educated enough to know the meaning of irrelevant (the word you originally used) and many other words, including quite a few that would best describe you.
However, since you clearly have a reading comprehension problem I'll make it real simple.....
Make a mental image of a closed hand. All fingers neatly tucked into the palm, except the middle finger, which is extended.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance
184 Posts
Ok so to stay on topic...

I have a 2011 with 3.6DI. Even with this 300+ HP engine, it doesn't feel that quick. I think the biggest issue is weight, especially if it is AWD. I have had cars with less power that felt quicker. I don't think you will feel much difference. I would recommend keeping your car and save up.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
I agree with jungy4, these cars are carrying a lot of weight, quick is not a word I would associate with them unless they are already rolling down the highway or there is a "V" in the cars description...

Ok so to stay on topic...

I have a 2011 with 3.6DI. Even with this 300+ HP engine, it doesn't feel that quick. I think the biggest issue is weight, especially if it is AWD. I have had cars with less power that felt quicker. I don't think you will feel much difference. I would recommend keeping your car and save up.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,372 Posts
3.0 sedan
Oh, I'm educated enough to know the meaning of irrelevant (the word you originally used) and many other words, including quite a few that would best describe you.
However, since you clearly have a reading comprehension problem I'll make it real simple.....
Make a mental image of a closed hand. All fingers neatly tucked into the palm, except the middle finger, which is extended.
Not only do you know the meaning of the word irrelevant, you seem to have a good grasp on the word irreverent too! :rofl:

----------

As most folks accept, the CTS's that are looked at as high performance are the V's. Can a 3.0 or 3.6 be made to perform, yes. But at what cost? The 3.0's and 3.6's are great looking cars, and more suited to show cars than all out performance. Is your version of performance the same as others, maybe not. Look at the Vitesse Throttle controller for responsiveness to help the driving experience. It may be just what you are looking for.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,115 Posts
Must......hold.....tongue.....and.....fingers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cmoney203 said:
yes as he said above definitely get a Vitesse throttle controller

·
Registered
2011 Thunder Gray CTS Premium
24 Posts
Thats cute... wasting money to make a 3.0 liter faster. I would not do it with a 3.6.

As a car guy, I dont get how people buy a base car or one not built for performance and then want to mod it to make it faster.

How much money are you willing to spend to not go much faster? What are you going to do, beat all the other 3.0 Cadillacs?

·
Registered
1980 Cadillac Coupe Deville
45 Posts
And this is why I can't stand forums. People get upset when others ask for suggestions on something they wouldn't waste time or money on. Just be a sport and participate in the forum or don't answer. Who cares that you have a V8 there were performance cars if their time with V6's not everyone is race track drivers. Some people just want to get the most out of what they got. You spend your 80k on a race car, good for you. Smh.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,115 Posts
And this is why I can't stand forums. People get upset when others ask for suggestions on something they wouldn't waste time or money on. Just be a sport and participate in the forum or don't answer. Who cares that you have a V8 there were performance cars if their time with V6's not everyone is race track drivers. Some people just want to get the most out of what they got. You spend your 80k on a race car, good for you. Smh.
So what did you just contribute to the OP's original question? You just contradicted yourself.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts