Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CTS is still a joy to drive(13500 mi) even with some problems .
1. 5 speed manual was replaced- noisy 4 th gear sync
2 . Tire recall all new tires
3.gas tank sender failure
4. service quality has been poor the car has to always go back to fix what they worked on

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I have heard a bunch of problems with the manual trans.....they have a tsb out, the tire thing was very annoying in my opinion.....I havent heard of anyone with that gas tank sender failure....
I entirely agree on the last point, the service absolutly blows

·
Registered
164 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
I have heard a bunch of problems with the manual trans.....they have a tsb out, the tire thing was very annoying in my opinion.....I havent heard of anyone with that gas tank sender failure....
I entirely agree on the last point, the service absolutly blows
I hope I don't get crappy service from my Cad dealer. This is why I wrote Nissan off for life. All there dealers in my sorrounding areas blew real hard. I refuse to ever deal with Nissan again. You know how hard it was to not get a Z:(

·
Registered
329 Posts
What's this gas tank sender failure you're talking about? I've had 2 occassions since May where the display on the driver info center says to check the gas cap, but that's about it.

I've got the manual tranny, too. But I've had no problems to speak of (6200 miles). Every once in a while, it gets tough putting it into first gear, but nothing major.

Is the tire recall pretty recent? I haven't heard anything on that. The only recall I received was dealing with a bolt in the steering column that might be under-torqued.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any show-stopping issues w/ my CTS.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Shaggy the recal is for people with 17inch spot wheels, they will swap out tries until october of 04.....mostly because of non-dangerous bulging issues......so tear up that tread before u get ur free wheels

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
I'm over 30,000 now and the wear bars are getting close... maybe some new tires before the bad snows come. :)

Not a bad deal as the tires are about $180 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts