Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally talked to the prosecuting attorney last night. Because I'm out of state they allowed me to have a phone interview to go over the charges and work out a deal.
They guy was very fair and reasonable...he was a bit shocked with the speed of the ticket. The bottom line was that due to the speed he said he didnt have much to offer me. We went round and round...he finally agreed to Excessive Speeding ($755). I was happy with that because I had spoken with several lawyers that were going to charge me $1500-$3000 to knock it from Reckless to Excessive. I was able to save the cash for mods to the V.
I would have liked to have the ticket taken off in return for probation, community service or even weekend jail time. However with me being in another state he was even less likely to go with any of those options.
I will take Excessive Speeding, I was stupid and broke the law. I will take what I deserve. If you do decide to race on an open freeway, make sure that the car you are racing isnt a cop. :eek:

For those of you who dont know the story here it is...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/107514-142-mph-75-mph-i-need.html

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
congrats! I guess. Well it could have been worse for you. To be honest I would think that everyone the desert drives like that. But just probably during the day.......

Now you have the money what are you going to do.....hmmm a CAM...

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
That's a hell of alot better than a wreckless for sure. Glad things were able to get worked out to a degree.

So you didn't bother to tell him you actually made it up to 142. ? :D

;)

Now you have the money what are you going to do.....hmmm a CAM...

Edit- he needs a couple of tires first :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a hell of alot better than a wreckless for sure. Glad things were able to get worked out to a degree.

So you didn't bother to tell him you actually made it up to 142. ? :D

;)

Edit- he needs a couple of tires first :thumbsup:
Hell no! He asked what i was driving to get that fast..."a Ferrari"? I just told him it was new. I did not mention any exact speeds...

Had to buy rears yesterday...couldn't wait for the ones from ebay to get here. I will relist the RS-A as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
$755 isnt bad. I think you got lucky with that. After being the unlucky one to get caught for something people do and get away with everyday.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$1 bills for the stripper = $50
racing a cop in the middle of the desert and loosing = $755
doing what we all do and not going to jail = PRICELESS!
How did I lose? His engine governed out at 130 and the V was pullin' strong...oh yeah, he cheated and turned on his lights. What a bitch! :want:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats cool if you have to cheat to win...

·
Registered
'05 cts-v
106 Posts
Almost as good as my story when I got pulled over goin 145mph in a 60mph on 75 in dallas, tx at 11:30pm. lol. Cop turned his lights on literally about 500Yards behind me. I dont think he clocked me but it was damn clear I was speeding haha. When he walked up to the window I already had my insurance, registration, and drivers liscense ready. He said, "Now I know you KNOW why I pulled you over," I replied, "Absolutely and I apologize sir. No excuse." He walked back to his car, after a while came back and said, "To be honest, my shifts almost over and I just want to go home. I appreciate you not bullshi**ing me, Im going to give you a warning, try not to kill anybody" lol. I couldnt believe it. I was so grateful I even offered him an offduty job at one of the clubs I partner in, lol. best luck ever! I still have the copy of the warning ticket...I should frame it:worship:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
^ Same thing happened to me when I blew the doors off a Turbo Civic with an unmarked right behind me.

I think he appreciated the fact that I didn't try to come up with an excuse (not to mention stomping some rice :D).

·
Registered
2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.
1,576 Posts
$755 is almost 3 days at the track. Also, your less likely to die(or kill someone) there. Its so fun that it feels like your doing something illegal.
$755 is also gettin' off cheap for 142mph. Good goin'.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Save it for September 8th! You can "follow" me around motorsport ranch. I just hope i get to drive my car home afterwards this time...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts