Cadillac Owners Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
Well unfortunately I would have to agree that the nighttime vision is no better than before. I think the cameras work well in daylight but I was told the software was to help the nighttime image and sadly it does not.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
OCescaladeESV said:
Well unfortunately I would have to agree that the nighttime vision is no better than before. I think the cameras work well in daylight but I was told the software was to help the nighttime image and sadly it does not.
Did you have your camera replaced?

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Premium 2015i, Porsche Cayenne S '11
12 Posts
Strange that most of you find no difference with the update. I had a different experience. I e-mailed GM Dubai about the issue and I got a call next morning itself with the news that a software update is available. I was told that I have the updated cameras already (mid-Jan production) and only software needed to be updated. I took it in the same evening and the software update was completed in little more than an hour. I found that there were certainly some improvements in both day time and night time images. It's certainly not the best camera system I have seen, but it's very usable and useful even in poor light conditions. However, with the escalated price of the new slades, they really should have invested in better technologies and aim for something top-notch. I wonder though if the international versions use a different camera system? No way to know I suppose. The only differences that I know of between my premium and what you guys have is the inclusion of center cool box for premium and sunglasses overhead storage instead of motion detection system. We also don't have on-star.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I was just told the same thing by my dealer, that my vehicle gets only a SW update, no camera update.
I have to schedule it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spoke with local dealer and per new bulletin he is ordering me FOUR new cameras to address the poor night vision quality. I'm so excited!
Don't get excited - this wont fix the problem! Service ordered and replaced my cameras, made sure software was up to data, and flowed all the installation
and camera setting protocols. They even had to re-order and re-replace the front camera. Image quality, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT, is very, very, poor!
On 3/3/15 they called Tech. Asst. and were told this is a known issue and no repair is currently available. So I am still waiting for GM to think about providing customer service!

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium ESV
12 Posts
Just got my ESV back from dealer for sound pressure issue along with camera fix. Dealer said my ESV (Jan 2015 Build) already has the latest cameras, so they just did the update to navigation radio. Like above said, no difference except a bigger picture. They didn't honor the PIT5376, but instead, there was a Bulletin ID #4122389. Will need sometime to get use to the funny full screen now, everything seems so round from the pictures, far away from natural images.

·
Registered
Escalade
36 Posts
My cameras were all replaced last week and software updated. Mine is a November 2014 build, Luxury ESV. Huge improvement in both night and day quality. Yes, full screen images are slightly rounded but everything is now clear and minimal distortions. We're presumably dealing with fisheye lenses here and cannot expect perfect rectilinear images. My after photos and description of change is in another thread a few back. As I wrote there, I'm mystified why some people who got the upgrade have had a big improvement and others none or minimal.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
leverda said:
My cameras were all replaced last week and software updated. Mine is a November 2014 build, Luxury ESV. Huge improvement in both night and day quality. Yes, full screen images are slightly rounded but everything is now clear and minimal distortions. We're presumably dealing with fisheye lenses here and cannot expect perfect rectilinear images. My after photos and description of change is in another thread a few back. As I wrote there, I'm mystified why some people who got the upgrade have had a big improvement and others none or minimal.
Maybe the dealer just did a software update instead of the camera as well and vice versa?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
I'm due for first oil change and though it's covered, brought my own mobil 1 0w/20 extended performance and have also asked if they can do a SW update? Forgot to get blackstone oil sample. Will do that on next oil change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Amazing! I just read all 136 posts. My earlier post was #127. I just took my "Cataract Escapade" in for service this morning (4/15/2015) for a "non-camera"
issue, however, they told me that was still no further updates / resolution to the poor camera image quality.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium, 2015 Escalade Premium, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
50 Posts
My dealer placed the order for my replacement cameras this afternoon.
Well the saga continues. Got a call that my cameras were in and to bring my Escalade to the dealer for replacement. When I got there I was told that there were no cameras but there was a software update that would fix the problem. Okay, I said, go ahead and do it. That evening I received a call to come and get the truck and when I asked if the fix worked the service guy told me that it was so clear that he could see water dripping off the rear after the wash. I picked it up and checked but it didn't look that much better if any at all. That night when I reversed into my garage the same old poor quality and blurry picture was still there. Unfortunately it was just a waste of time. I called the next day but my service writer was out ill, I left a message describing the results and asked that he give me a call. That was Wednesday and today is Friday with still no return call. He usually treats me well so maybe he is still out with illness. I'll let everyone know if anything changes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Being a glutton for punishment (after my posts #127 and #137) I'm going to try again to get the "camera fix". One thing on mine is that maybe I didn't I didn't get a completely correct software update or
calibration because my display screens right side image still has the blacked out top & bottom areas (not a full screen image).

121 - 140 of 149 Posts