Cadillac Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
That sucks. My clunk in trans also came back this morning. I was so angry but it went away after I got out of my neighborhood. Does pulling into my garage at an angle knock the drive train shaft loose or something? I notice it is worst when I first start driving the truck in the morning. I will be pulling in slower but if it does it again I will be very frustrated

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium, 2009 CTS-V
134 Posts
I took mine in Saturday to fix the whining transmission (which Cadillac knows about but can't fix) and told them to look for a bulletin on the cameras, but they couldn't find anything. I even gave them the code on the first page of this thread. I'm seeing so much red right now. I'm thinking I might need to find a new dealership to go to.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
My dealer can't find the bulletin either.

I took mine in Saturday to fix the whining transmission (which Cadillac knows about but can't fix) and told them to look for a bulletin on the cameras, but they couldn't find anything. I even gave them the code on the first page of this thread. I'm seeing so much red right now. I'm thinking I might need to find a new dealership to go to.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The transmission and camera TSBs are there. The dealer just has to search for it by the TSB number which is VERY easy to do! Some dealers are just lazy. My advice is find a better service department.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Austin J.,
CCC,

I have already contacted the dealer several days ago.
They were not aware of the surround and backup camera fix TSB of last month.
They are contacting Cadillac.
If they do not respond in a short while, I will contact CCC to contact the dealer.
That forms a case and the dealer has to create a file.

What is the Technical Service Bulletin NUMBERT?
Thanks
George

Hi zerdian1,

I understand how frustrating this would be, and I would be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf. Please send me a PM at your earliest convenience and we can further discuss this.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
PIT5376: Driver Information Surround Vision Camera Poor Image Quality In Low Light Conditions (Replace Cameras) - (Mar 3, 2015)
Subject: Driver Information Surround Vision Camera Poor Image Quality In Low Light Conditions (Replace Cameras)

Models: 2015 Cadillac Escalade Models
With Surround Vision (RPO UVH)
With 2015 Mid-Year (RPO AVF)
Without 2nd Design Camera (RPO AD0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/ConcernSome customers may comment on the driver's information surround vision camera image quality being poor in low light conditions.

Updated cameras have been released which improve this low light condition

Recommendation/InstructionsReplace all 4 driver's information surround cameras for this condition: front grille, both side mirrors, and rear liftgate.

After all 4 cameras are replaced, perform the video processing control module calibration procedure.

Refer to the Video Processing Control Module Calibration document in SI.

Note: For additional information on performing the video processing control module calibration procedure, refer to the January 2015 Emerging Issues broadcast / Course # 10215.001D.

Programming these is available for technicians thru online monthly broadcasts as per directions.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
thanks
i sent the info before to my dealer but do not know if I included the TSB#. as they have not been able to locate it.
george

----------

KandyDavins,
that image you posed looks super.
but for surround camera view they generally replace the high res backup camera with a lower resolution fisheye lens.
George

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
His name is Jason. I gave them the car on Monday and they still have it! It is their first install and they got the cameras in very quickly but they have been having issues getting the software loaded.
hey there, is there any way you can give me the name of your service advisor. i want the person i speak with to know what i'm talking about.

i live 3 miles from your dealer that you mentioned.

thanks

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
His name is Jason. I gave them the car on Monday and they still have it! It is their first install and they got the cameras in very quickly but they have been having issues getting the software loaded.
The software update isn't easy. When they did mine, they had issues too.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
GM-4-LIFE said:
The software update isn't easy. When they did mine, they had issues too.
Software updates has to go to Main GM tech that's probably why they have problems and it's mostly scheduling issues if I'm not mistaken. It's not a CD anymore that you just plug in. Same thing with my hybrid before everytime they do software updates. It's a good thing I only needed two.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i just got a response from my salesman:

My service manager informed me a program fix has been issued for the camera problem. There will not
be a camera change and it will not affect the puddle lights. Please call our service department for an
appointment when you have the time. I hope this helps.

the puddle lights was my suggestion.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
zerdian1 said:
i just got a response from my salesman: My service manager informed me a program fix has been issued for the camera problem. There will not be a camera change and it will not affect the puddle lights. Please call our service department for an appointment when you have the time. I hope this helps. the puddle lights was my suggestion.
I think the puddle lights will help with the camera situation. As I saw a NEW MB Sclass backing up and with reverse, the puddle lights turned ON.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
I can confirm that the Platinum's do NOT need new cameras. My dealer went through the learning curve and replaced mine but the replacement cameras were identical to what was already on the car. The camera replacement was quick but the software update took some time. I now have the full screen but will wait until tonight to report upon the effectiveness of the software update.

·
Registered
2015 cadillac esv premium
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Sad, ZERO difference in night time or day time performance with the update and camera replacements. Pretty disappointed, I wouldn't recommend going through with the update, not worth it.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
You know the daytime camera is good. Why not cadillac add the puddle light to turn ON so the side of the vehicle in 360 and backup will be clearer?

101 - 120 of 149 Posts