Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
My dealer installed the cameras today. They said that the job was not as difficult and invasive as the manual made it seem. They did not have to pull off the front grill and the rear and mirror cameras were easily removed. They did not have to go inside the car for this job. The car is still at the dealer though because the display still had the bars on the top and bottom and from reading thru this forum I've learned those bars should disappear once the software is correctly installed. I believe only part of the software was successfully installed as the forward guidelines were no longer there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dealer installed the cameras today. They said that the job was not as difficult and invasive as the manual made it seem. They did not have to pull off the front grill and the rear and mirror cameras were easily removed. They did not have to go inside the car for this job. The car is still at the dealer though because the display still had the bars on the top and bottom and from reading thru this forum I've learned those bars should disappear once the software is correctly installed. I believe only part of the software was successfully installed as the forward guidelines were no longer there.
hey there, is there any way you can give me the name of your service advisor. i want the person i speak with to know what i'm talking about.

i live 3 miles from your dealer that you mentioned.

thanks

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
Dang man, I want a higher resolution. I got great vision but the quality makes it hard to look at sometimes it's so pixelated. If it gets dirty, fuggedaboutit! Lol

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
It's a lengthy software update. Trust me. I watched them do it. They have to put three black mats on both sides of the car. These three mats have a white box on each of the black mats. This is a very involved and somewhat difficult software update to perform. When the tech first did the software update, the screen went completely black. Tech called GM TAC and they had them reboot the entire infotainment system and then did the software update with the black mats and all went well. Took about 3 hours of time from the time I brought the car in to the time I drove out. While the screen view is now bigger, the video quality is still crappy. You would think the cameras would have better resolution as a part of the TSB, but no luck there at all. Maybe on the next generation Escalade, GM will finally learn and give us quality components for the $85K price tag they charge.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
My GL's surround is the same quality as well. As long it's not too washed up, I am satisfied.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,763 Posts
KandyDavins said:
We need to fight for a better resolution, my sisters Ford Edge has amazing quality compared to ours
Does it have a 360 degree camera or is it just the back up camera that's clearer. I think it's the 360 that makes the picture smaller.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
No she does not have the 360 cam but the camera update makes the picture take up more of the screen. It has a higher resolution so the quality is crisp and clear.
Here is what hers looks like
View attachment 293529
My CTS-V is HD quality too, but that's because it's only one camera and one large screen image which makes it look so much clearer and sharper compared to the 360 camera in the Escalade. The 360 degree camera systems are all the same it seems. The technology is there, it just hasn't been perfected yet.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
I hope they fix it the cameras again but with HD cameras, hd has been around for so long. The bubble eye side mirror cameras are cool for the 360 view but go pros have amazing 4k quality technology in them. We should at least have HD

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I hope they fix it the cameras again but with HD cameras, hd has been around for so long. The bubble eye side mirror cameras are cool for the 360 view but go pros have amazing 4k quality technology in them. We should at least have HD
GM is like a glacier. They move VERY slow and the technology they use is already obsolete in the R&D process and by the time it's in the consumers' hands, it's ancient old technology. I doubt we will see HD cameras before the next gen Escalade.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
That sucks that they are turtle paced, that might be their biggest problem being slow with the technology, although the new escalades has some newer technologies. The technology is the future of the car industry, just look at Mercedes self driving car!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
GM's technology is usually behind the times. They are always playing catch up and all they do is simply add features other automakers have had in their vehicles for years. They need to stop being good enough and shoot to be ahead of everyone else.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
One day it will bite them in the ass, and that's what it will take for them to change. You've always got to be one step ahead. Hopefully they will be like Microsoft and figure out it is better to be the leader than a follower. Microsoft is hurting apples tablet market and watch market by releasing better products sooner and cheaper always making sure they best their competitors.

·
Registered
09 escalade
540 Posts
GM biggest problem is nothing special for Cadillac,
When people tells me I own buttered up tahoe I do get angry but at the end of the day it's the truth.

We are driving very professionally modified tahoe,

It's been said many many years things are changing in Cadillac and gonna stand away from Chevy and gmc
But real change might night be here another 5-6 years or even forever as gm would rather pinch pennies then innovate.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
Yeah but Microsoft has the been updating their pro tablet, I am still waiting for the ipad pro tablet to come out though

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Yeah but Microsoft has the been updating their pro tablet, I am still waiting for the ipad pro tablet to come out though
You're gonna be waiting until at least October for the iPad Pro. Apple delayed it to coincide with the next gen iPads and they wanted to allow more time so they can sell more iPhones. The iPhone is what makes Apple most of their profits.

81 - 100 of 149 Posts