Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
It should be pitch black and see the difference. My guess is it's the same.
Not the same at all. The camera is crystal clear. The photo could be better. I can see everything clearly in the vehicle.

----------

Actually that looks good.

That looks like how mine looks in a very bright parking lot
Daytime looks much better as well.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
perlmane said:
I don't have a before, but it was horrible.
I can say this I currently have the same pic but it looks different in pitch black night. How long was the repair? Did they take the front grille off? The side mirrors as well as the interior door moulding and rear cameras? The reason I ask is I have xpel ultimate in the front and taking the grille will cause more trouble and downtime which I don't have.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
I can say this I currently have the same pic but it looks different in pitch black night. How long was the repair? Did they take the front grille off? The side mirrors as well as the interior door moulding and rear cameras? The reason I ask is I have xpel ultimate in the front and taking the grille will cause more trouble and downtime which I don't have.
Can't answer this since I was not there at the time and did not ask.

·
Registered
None
408 Posts
I too have clearbra on the truck...it would be a pain to have to get it re-done. Please keep us posted on what you decide and if it will mess up your xpel.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
I'll take some before and after pics. I noticed the first night we had the Lad, it appears were in a fog bank every night.

·
Registered
2015 cadillac esv premium
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Damn that looks great, getting mine changed next week!

----------

My dealer said bulletin calls for three hours.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I was looking for very long curb feelers or cat's whiskers.
I would prefer 2 feet long feelers or whiskers.
But most run form 10" to 11".
And ones that will fit my Escalade and help with an indication of the concrete wall in my tight parking space.

I can park my Mercedes in the spot almost blindfolded.
But the big truck is a beast to park in the spot.

12,821 Posts
How long did the fix take?
Hello All,

It is great to hear that some of you are working with your dealership regarding the cameras on your Escalade. Feel free to send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and the name of your involved dealership if you would like me assist in facilitating your dealership visit. Have a great evening and I will be looking for your message.

All the best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does this apply to only early 2015 builds. Or are the 2015i models affected as well. Cause reading the caddy literature it sounds like only early builds qualify for the replacement cameras and all new ones already have the new cameras.

Mine is an "i" and camera sucks

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,753 Posts
broncophil said:
Does this apply to only early 2015 builds. Or are the 2015i models affected as well. Cause reading the caddy literature it sounds like only early builds qualify for the replacement cameras and all new ones already have the new cameras. Mine is an "i" and camera sucks
Are you saying they're adding a camera to the pre -2015i? That would be a plus then. Then maybe we just needed the software update.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The camera replacement made absolutely no difference at all. If anything, it's a bit worse. Still terrible and a bit blurry now. I picked up the car yesterday after dealer had it almost a week. They replaced the transmission which is great, but camera replacement outlined in the TSB did nothing. Hope GM comes up with a better and newer TSB because the one they have out now is worthless. Sorry guys. Wish I had some better news.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
The camera replacement made absolutely no difference at all. If anything, it's a bit worse. Still terrible and a bit blurry now. I picked up the car yesterday after dealer had it almost a week. They replaced the transmission which is great, but camera replacement outlined in the TSB did nothing. Hope GM comes up with a better and newer TSB because the one they have out now is worthless. Sorry guys. Wish I had some better news.
I can't understands it. Mine is great. Much clearer. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Premium 2015i, Porsche Cayenne S '11
12 Posts
Does this apply to only early 2015 builds. Or are the 2015i models affected as well. Cause reading the caddy literature it sounds like only early builds qualify for the replacement cameras and all new ones already have the new cameras.

Mine is an "i" and camera sucks
As I understand it, the fix is only for 2015i models. The early 2015 builds don't have the surround cameras and hence don't have the resolution issue. They remain with the single backup camera. I spoke to my GM dealer here in Dubai where I bought my vehicle and I was told that 2015i models with a production date of Jan 2015 and forward already have the updated cameras. Mine was mid Jan 2015 production, so I already have the updated cameras apparently. I still find it to be really low res and bad at night but definitely usable. I cannot imagine how bad it must have been for you guys with pre Jan builds. The updated cameras should make some difference hopefully. The dealer did tell me though that there is a software module update for my cameras. Taking it in today. Will make it better hopefully. Had my vehicle for about a month now - no major issues so far. Had the automatic braking come on abruptly and scare the heck out of me while backing into a parking. Also had the CUE audio cut off completely for about half an hour. Started working on it's own again after a while and haven't had the issue since. Ride, transmission everything perfect. Has exceeded my expectations so far.

·
Registered
None
438 Posts
As I understand it, the fix is only for 2015i models. The early 2015 builds don't have the surround cameras and hence don't have the resolution issue. They remain with the single backup camera. I spoke to my GM dealer here in Dubai where I bought my vehicle and I was told that 2015i models with a production date of Jan 2015 and forward already have the updated cameras. Mine was mid Jan 2015 production, so I already have the updated cameras apparently. I still find it to be really low res and bad at night but definitely usable. I cannot imagine how bad it must have been for you guys with pre Jan builds. The updated cameras should make some difference hopefully. The dealer did tell me though that there is a software module update for my cameras. Taking it in today. Will make it better hopefully. Had my vehicle for about a month now - no major issues so far. Had the automatic braking come on abruptly and scare the heck out of me while backing into a parking. Also had the CUE audio cut off completely for about half an hour. Started working on it's own again after a while and haven't had the issue since. Ride, transmission everything perfect. Has exceeded my expectations so far.
There is a software update that needs to be applied to the upgraded cameras. If the old cameras exist they replace both the cameras and perform the software update.

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Premium 2015i, Porsche Cayenne S '11
12 Posts
Just got it back after the software update. It's definitely a little better. I wish I had taken a before photo to compare. One noticeable difference after the update is that the rear view camera fills up the entire screen next to the surround view. Previously, while the surround view filled the screen vertically, the rear camera next to the surround view would have black bars on top and underneath without filling the screen. See the difference in the previously attached photos by tankwilliamsjr on a different thread and permlane on this thread respectively.
1.JPG 2.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Escalade
388 Posts
GM-4-LIFE said:
Did your video size get bigger at least for the rear camera like shown above?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Maybe they replaced the cameras, but they didn't do the software update? RO states they replaced the cameras and recalibrated, but didn't mention any software update done unless recalibrate means software update.

----------

Did your video size get bigger at least for the rear camera like shown above?
Here it is! From my perspective, zero improvement and it looks like there is a reason for the zero improvement. The dealer did NOT do the update properly.

41 - 60 of 148 Posts