Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS , Sport Package
111 Posts
Just received mine yesterday, went to the dealer to make an appointment and they were already out of the part and would have to order. All it is, is a clip that makes the hole on the key a bit smaller. WOW they could have sent this directly to me instead of the dealer.

12,778 Posts
Called my local dealership here and was told the parts are on back order through GM. They took my info and will call me when the parts are available.
Hello outsider,

I apologize for the delay. We are diligently working to expedite parts to perform these repairs. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. We are happy to assist you!

Katie O.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
Thanks. I'm in no rush. I haven't had any problems with my ignition. I just wanted to report back to the other members so they can be aware of what's happening.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just got my notice about GM Recall 14172. I am absolutely amazed at this solution. Did this engineer happen to have his degree in Economic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering?

This has got to be a joke. You are lucky you are Government Motors! No way this would have passed NTSB muster for Toyota! What a pathetic solution to this issue.

I already had decided to never buy another GM product again after you took the bailout but this just solidifies the fact that you are a terrible company that nobody should ever support again!

·
Registered
06 CTS
28 Posts
Yeah the notice stated that my replacement parts are in stock and that I need to call my dealership. Well I called them and they said it would not be until the beginning of January. The parts are on back order all over the country. Good planning GM.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Cts Black Raven
289 Posts
I just got the notice also and agree with the supposedly fix of just adding another key ring to magically release stress. Which imo is pathetic and worthless to fix since i've been driving with no problem. I

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
The problem is that you have too many extra things attached to your key...
the solution is to attach another thing to your key...

makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
841 Posts
We all know at least 9 people died, out of millions and millions of cars sold. Those 9 people's families had good lawyers who were able to make this a big issue. This is not about making the cars safer, but to make sure you can't make this an excuse to make millions of dollars by another lawsuit.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2005 CTS, Gone, given to dad!
330 Posts
The problem is that you have too many extra things attached to your key...
the solution is to attach another thing to your key...

makes perfect sense.
Thought the same thing when I got my letter. LOL

·
Registered
2006 CTS
110 Posts
Just got my notice. I called the dealer and was told they didn't have the parts yet and the parts would not be in till next week. They wouldn't tell me what the fix was, but they told me it would take about 2hrs to fix. That seems like a lot of time to swap or add a key or key ring. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
2004 SRX, 2004 CTS/3.2L 5-speed Manual
59 Posts
Didn't want to start a new thread on this, and it's in the same area so.....

I'm trying to find the rubber grommet that goes on the ignition switch on my '04 CTS. Any pictures of that and possibly a part number? I don't want to pull the old one off just yet. Does anyone know if I can just replace the rubber piece? It looks like a dust cover.
Thanks in advance.

Ignition Dust Cover1.jpg Ignition Dust Cover2.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was told by my mechanic that normally it only happens if you have a massive wad of keys hanging from the ignition, so if you only use the key by itself you should be fine.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Anyone know when the parts will be available? I haven't heard back from my local dealer yet.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2005 CTS, Gone, given to dad!
330 Posts
Anyone know when the parts will be available? I haven't heard back from my local dealer yet.
I got mine done on Monday. They must have have a few since I didn't have an appointment. You may need to call them.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6
18 Posts
They can only order a certain amount of parts a day, but the dealers should have a lot of them in stock.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
finally got the recall work done. Here's what they did:

Key insert to make the hole smaller and two small rings going from the key to the larger ring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just had this recall performed today on my 2011 CTS. They put a plastic insert in the key and moved my keyring on my key fob, that's it. They washed the car, so there is that.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts