Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
(1971 Ford Mach 1) 1995 STS + 2006 STS-V
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to locate the update discs P/N 15943724. My local dealers do not have them anymore. I know Rippy said in a post he has the .Iso of the update discs. Anybody has a copy? Thank you

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
Hello,

I am trying to locate the update discs P/N 15943724. My local dealers do not have them anymore. I know Rippy said in a post he has the .Iso of the update discs. Anybody has a copy? Thank you
See if you can get the file and just burn it to disc.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried PMing and Email. But no response. If I had the Image I would have burned it already. Anybody have the file?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been on Ebay for months trying to purchase the firmware update discs. I know what firmware I have. But if you guys want to know to. I suggest reading these threads. Very informative read. I wouldn't have started a new thread if I wasn't at the end of my rope trying to locate a disc. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/74744-so-all-sts-v-owners-any-2.html and http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/112284-question-software-update.html

·
Registered
06 sts-v
261 Posts
I work at a chevy dealership and actually called and got the actual update disk for the radio sent to the dealership(not the navigation disk). I updated my radio think it was about a year and a half ago had them send the update disk. im assuming your talking about the update for software since nav disk stays in the car at all times. part number is 15943724 its a 2 disk set.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, That is the disc I have been trying to locate.(15943724) My Cadillac dealership told me there is no way they can order that disc anymore and they throw software for cars older then 4 years away. But if I can get a copy they will install the updated firmware for me. Not for free BTW.

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
Yes, That is the disc I have been trying to locate.(15943724) My Cadillac dealership told me there is no way they can order that disc anymore and they throw software for cars older then 4 years away. But if I can get a copy they will install the updated firmware for me. Not for free BTW.
Its crappy they wanna charge you nearly $100 to put a disk in your car and push couple buttons.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its crappy they wanna charge you nearly $100 to put a disk in your car and push couple buttons.....
That's right! They wanted to hook up the Tech 2 to my car to check my current firmware even though I told them I already checked it through the hidden menus. They only wanted going to charge 60 to tell me what I already know... But to install my software it is 1 hour labor and 100 Tech 2 diagnostic fee.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
I have on star
They do a diagnosis for me for free
Wonder if they'd do a nav update that way too if you have onstar.

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Onstar is/was doing a 3 month free trial as of last month... Just hit the onstar button and supposedly you can sign up for free demo/trial..

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
I would be interested in getting these files as well. Are they ISO files? Depending on size I might be able to host them for a little while for folks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would be interested in getting these files as well. Are they ISO files? Depending on size I might be able to host them for a little while for folks.
Lamrith, your PM box is full so I couldn't send you a message.The files are in nrg format. (Nero) I am sure that mostly all burning software will burn the img properly. Give me your email address in a PM and ill send you a copy of the files. If you want to host it later that would be great for others!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts