Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V BR Coupe
148 Posts
I feel for the OP. I have had similar issues taking my 2012 BR coupe to the dealer. It seems like every time I bring them the car they scratch or chip it in some way. The first time the mechanic didn't use a fender cover while working in the engine compartment and ended up scratching the hell out of the fender with his belt buckle. Second time I took it in someone curbed one of the black wheels and it had to be replaced. The 3rd and 4th times the wheel paint was chipped off by the careless use of an air-gun while taking off the wheels. Now what I do is take a simple walkaround and inspect the car closely before even leaving the dealership.:thehand: The bottom line is the dealers and their crews don't give a rat's a$$ about Cadillac and its customers. It's sad really....

·
Registered
2009 CTSV bone stock
627 Posts
A good shop will always do a walk around with you and note on a sheet of paper any damage or defect before they touch a car. In the end the OP may spend more on legal fees than the cost for a professional restore and detail. If it was me, I would get the detailer to fix the car and then get the dealer to pay for the work in small claims court. I would get the detailer to document every flaw with good photos, no flares or shadows. That's hard to do with black though I know. My V is raven black and it had swirls in sunlight when I bought it. Slowly all by hand I have gotten them out. I would never use any power tool on a black car, never.

·
Registered
CTS V
232 Posts
All good advice from what i see. Is not Martins a representative of Cadillac and Gm ? if they get away with this and Cadillac not stepping in, then I would think Cad does not care who represents them or thier product. If this happened with some other consumer product i would think the franchisee would be severly reprimanded and the consumer looked after,not only to keep the consumer happy,but to avoid public disaproval of a situation. jmt
good luck and keep pounding both of them !!!

I don't know. General Motors customer support told me that because it was a dealer issue and not a defect in material or workmanship on GM's part, they could not assist me in a resolution aside from one the dealer is willing to support. Now that the dealer went back on their pledge they made to both myself and General Motors I'd be surprised if the General steps in and fits the bill on behalf of a dealer they admit has damaged my car.

Still with what I am learning about GM through this experience, I would not be totally surprised. We shall see and I will keep all apprised here and elsewhere.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems. What is the lemon law in your state? That can be an additional way to go....

And by the way, where is Cadillac customer service of our forums? She shows up and offers her helps in the threads that there is no need for her assistance, but she never show up in a thread that she can actually help.... This is not personal and this is not about Kati or any other individual, this is more about the position and the job description of Cadillac customer service in this forums....
What can she do? She posts to help make connections between us and our dealer or sometimes a GM rep.

But, there is no connection to be made. All the channels she could use are exhausted. The dealer knows, GM knows. Unfortunately, its all up to the dealer right now...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's
317 Posts
why do these clowns ALWAYS leave the windows open?

do they think they will lock themselves out? its not 1980 anymore you aint locking yourself out of that car never mind while AT the dealer with on-star.

leaving the windows open while its in the shop is just the icing on the cake. Settle with these idiots, get rid of the car, what a shame.

·
Registered
'09 V
169 Posts
I'll call and speak my opinion to them. Maybe they take formal dealer complaints and I will file one of those.

Oh and I agree with the above poster, why would Cadillac let such a shady dealer represent them? Trust me word is getting around I have two friends who work at a NE Cadillac dealership, I showed them this thread for you and they were very surprised. Their dealer is much better than the Martin one..by lightyears. They said they would start passing on the word to their coworkers at Deluca about your California Cadillac dealership experience. Strength in numbers is right. Deluca is in charge of many many NE GM dealerships

·
Registered
<-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(
1,172 Posts
This kind of incompetence and deceit is unbelievable. Go to the mattresses!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about deep pockets from Cadillac. It seems they are not getting involved. I don't think the dealership has very deep pockets. I agree to get the attorney general involved and get it on the news. If you get a lawyer, hopefully all the lawyer will have to do is charge you an hour or two of his time to send a letter to the owner of the dealership with the intent to sue.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
What can she do? She posts to help make connections between us and our dealer or sometimes a GM rep.

But, there is no connection to be made. All the channels she could use are exhausted. The dealer knows, GM knows. Unfortunately, its all up to the dealer right now...
How can we know that all the channel's are exhausted?Maybe there is someone inside the GM who can do something? And GM is not an individual, it is an organization with its own bureaucracy. Not all people inside the GM or Cadillac are accessible by calling GM's and Cadillac customer service lines....

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
539 Posts
From my previous post...

GM probably won't help here. And for god's sake DO NOT take it back to that dealer, no matter how many times they or GM promises that 'this time we'll get it just perfect'. They just don't have the skills to make it right at this point.
At this point I will not accept a ten-week old car that has been at the dealer for three weeks, had its paint polished 3 times with electric polishing tools to the point of destroying the black chrome and damaging the clear coat, has been repainted in places, and will need a 4th go around with abrasive polish to correct problems created by the dealer while further weakening the clear coat lessening the life span of my new car's paint. I bought a new car and paid a new car price for a car I intend to hold on to for 20 years. I did not buy a used car nor did I pay a used car price. I certainly did not purchase a project car when I bought a new CTS V Coupe on December 29th, 2012.
The best option is to let the pro detailer fix the car and get it right. If it needs a repaint in the future, I guess it will need to be repainted. I just don't think getting the dealer or GM to replace the car is realistic at this point. I'm on your side - I've just seen GM deny replacement for WAY worse situations.

That being said, you may be able to litigate or arbitrate or whatever and get some cash from the dealer or possibly from GM. But that is almost secondary to the main objective: getting the car right and getting it back on the road.

Note: If you will NEVER be satisfied with this particular car, regardless of what happens to it, find a good dealer and trade it in on a new one. Yes, it will hurt financially, but if that's the only way to be happy, so be it.... I've seen guys do this with cars, bikes, guns, etc. when they just can't live with the defects affecting their example.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
626 Posts
If you were in Florida I could help you out.

Reactions: TWD3

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you have put almost no miles on this car because it spent most of its time being destroyed by the dealer why can't you have them buy it back for your purchase price? Maybe $3,000 less for the miles you did put on it.

·
Registered
'13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
cdog533,
I understand what you are saying however selling the car and taking it in the shorts will not be necessary. I do however have a question for you and others.

Is it possible to conclusively determine if and where my brand new car has been repainted by the dealer? Also how do I go about quantifying clear coat damage ie: a percentage of clear coat reduction over a brand new box stock unpolished Raven Black CTS V?

Thanks in advance and thanks to all who have chipped in with great advice and support. I am overwhelmed by the fellowship and good will of this great group of enthusiasts:)

12,821 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems. What is the lemon law in your state? That can be an additional way to go....

And by the way, where is Cadillac customer service of our forums? She shows up and offers her helps in the threads that there is no need for her assistance, but she never show up in a thread that she can actually help.... This is not personal and this is not about Kati or any other individual, this is more about the position and the job description of Cadillac customer service in this forums....
Hi ben.gators! I was involved on the customer's original thread and offered assistance, so thank you for alerting me about this updated thread.

TWD3, I do want to reiterate that I'm happy to locate any case you may have with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center and give you updates on your case details whenever you wish. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to document your comments where the proper GM teams can access them!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Hi ben.gators! I was involved on the customer's original thread and offered assistance, so thank you for alerting me about this updated thread.

TWD3, I do want to reiterate that I'm happy to locate any case you may have with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center and give you updates on your case details whenever you wish. In the meantime, I'm going to continue to document your comments where the proper GM teams can access them!

Katie
Email history with Katie at General Motors

Katie,
I am not certain if you can help but as you posted to my thread I am reaching out to you.

Please see the original topic here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...on/281662-dealer-damages-my-new-vs-paint.html

And my last post here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum.../281662-dealer-damages-my-new-vs-paint-2.html

At this point I am attempting to take my case up the chain of command at General Motors. Martin Cadillac acted wrecklessly with my new CTS V Coupe and basically destroyed the paint job. This is unacceptable and they must correct the problem which at this point means, a new car. If you would like to talk to me my phone number is XXX-XXX-XXX.

Thank you for your stated concern and hopefully you can help me bring this to a satisfactory end.

All the best,
XXX XXXXXX

[email protected]

Feb 18

XXX, thank you for your patience while I’ve been researching your concerns!
In your specific circumstance, since you wish to take your case up the chain of command as soon as possible (as you mentioned), I recommend contacting my counterparts at our phone hotline because they will be able to give you the immediate assistance you deserve!

At your convenience, please call the Cadillac Customer Assistance Center at 800-458-8006 (open Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm EST). Having the last eight of your VIN handy would be very helpful when you call. Then, you will have an assigned agent researching your concerns for you and determining the options available to you based on their gathered information. And if you would ever like me to locate your case and provide you with updates (when your agent is scheduled to call you, etc.), then don’t hesitate to email me and let me know.

Best,

Katie

XXX

02/15/2013 04:36 PM

To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Martin Cadillac permanently damaged my new CTS V Coupe's paint

XXX

Feb 18

to Katie_Lucille
Katie I have contacted that number- no help what so ever. Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX to discuss how I can get assistance from General Motors for what amounts to a destroyed paint job from Martin Cadillac.

Kind regards,
XXX
[email protected]

Feb 19

to me
XXX, thank you very much for clarifying! I apologize for any confusion my last email caused; I think it probably helps to clarify that I am at the same level as the Customer Service agents who answer our phone hotline.

They are able to provide more immediate follow up than I, however, due to the nature of their job. Since you’re looking for immediate assistance, they will be able to gather information quicker than emailing back and forth. Once they set up the case, then they can begin following up with Martin Cadillac on your behalf to determine the assistance options that may be available to you!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service​

Katie I appreciate the fact you are taking a public stance on behalf of General Motors however I did not recieve a call from you nor have you offered any real assistance when I reached out to you. All I get from GM is that the ball is in the dealer court and that GM is powerless to help me. All around this is the worst high end buying experience I've ever had. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of any real support from GM. The General can and should protect their customers where a dishonest dealer is concerned.

12,821 Posts
I am so sorry you feel that way based on your current situation, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, TWD3! I am able to follow up on any existing case that you have begun with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center team. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I can document your concern along with your comments in your official case file, if you wish.

Best,

Katie

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I am so sorry you feel that way based on your current situation, and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, TWD3! I am able to follow up on any existing case that you have begun with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center team. General Motors takes comments like this very seriously, and I can document your concern along with your comments in your official case file, if you wish.

Best,

Katie
Thanks Katie. I will appreciate any assistance you may provide.

·
Registered
None
17 Posts

Best,

Katie
If GM actually did take these types of comments seriously, they would build a better car, and provide customer service instead of lip service.

Judge people by what they do, not by what they say.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Katie. I will appreciate any assistance you may provide.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. While I can't really offer any specific advice on your problem with the dealer, don't hold your breath on receiving any help from the GM reps on here. It's easy to see that Katie is quite active in posting up responses, but when it comes to actually helping out I have had very little luck and it appears other people share the same sentiment. I don't want to derail the topic at hand, so I won't go into specifics. The reason I'm sharing the overall viewpoint is just so you don't spend too much energy/time in this direction or get your hopes up that you will receive any concrete support from them. The follow through is just not there. Best of luck reaching a desirable outcome. Please do keep us posted.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts