Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted everyone to know that it was a bad ground terminal. Cost $4.44 for the part!! Lots of Bud Light was consumed trying to find the problem. My advice to anyone that is stumped with a problem; take it to the dealer and spend the $55 for a diagnostic test before you sink money into the unknown. Just an FYI, blower motor is the same as a 2000 Olds Aurora & 2001 Buick LaSabre, same OEM #. Bought mine at salvage yard for $25, lot cheaper than $253 from dealer. Thanks for all the help and advice. I HAVE HEAT!!!!!:D

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
melhinkle said:
Just wanted everyone to know that it was a bad ground terminal. Cost $4.44 for the part!! Lots of Bud Light was consumed trying to find the problem. My advice to anyone that is stumped with a problem; take it to the dealer and spend the $55 for a diagnostic test before you sink money into the unknown. Just an FYI, blower motor is the same as a 2000 Olds Aurora & 2001 Buick LaSabre, same OEM #. Bought mine at salvage yard for $25, lot cheaper than $253 from dealer. Thanks for all the help and advice. I HAVE HEAT!!!!!:D
I personally believe your ground terminal was just fine, but you simply hadn't sacrificed enough Bud Light for the Blower Gods. :alchi: Glad you got it fixed, and thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I love it when someone discovers a part that exchanges with other (less expensive) makes and models. I understand that the 'vette is/was notorious for that. We should find a way to capture these gems of information in an easy to find area. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 SRX
347 Posts
Great idea on setting up a part inter change site! Lets follow through on this.

I will do it if some one can point me in the right direction.

King

·
Registered
21 Posts
The ac/heater blower quit working on my 98 eldorado with 70k miles (just bought it last week and its in great shape). We put a hotwire directly to motor and it doesn’t work. Mechanic wants 200 labor and Cadillac quoted 379 for the motor. Are there other blowers that interchange and can I do this myself (intermediate ability)? Looks like valve cover has to come off for the blades to clear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a 98 STS with blower fan noise, and found a salvage yard blower motor. Spent 2 hours getting the old one out. And still can't get the new one in. I am afraid of breaking the housing. It has to be rotated about 90 degrees to line up the holes for the mounting screws, and the housing rotates partially, then gets wedged at the left corner. It took a lot of force to get the old one rotated to remove it. I am just wondering if you did the replacement yourself on your 01 STS, and if you ran into this problem. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Where is the blower on your car? Firewall or under the dash on the passenger side? I know the '99 on, is in the cabin under the dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts