Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Unreal-

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ruinms 
#1 ·
So, I was just informed that my 2007 Cadillac Escalde needs a new engine. It has only 97,000 miles on it. How can this be from a top of the line Suv and engine. I called GM and they will not provide any type of help. I bought it with 32,000 and drove it up to the 97K. I've been reading that others have had the same type of problem. Putting a new engine in is going to cost me around 8k. I still owe on it. Is is worth the new motor??????

#2 ·
You are the only one who can determine if it's worth it to YOU to have a new engine put in.
It's more unusual now than in the past but in reality 100k and an engine going isn't uncommon or completely unexpected.
I don't even look at vehicle with much over 100k as I know it very well may blow.
As for the engine replacement, 8k seems way too high. Did you get a dealer quote? I bet a used engine and install wouldn't be much over 3k at a NON dealer repair shop.

#3 ·
I was also just informed that my 2010 Escalade needs a new engine. We bought it certified pre-owned from the dealer and had ALL service done by the dealer. While under warranty, we took it to the dealer several times for intermittent knocking and nothing was ever done. The last solution by the dealer was to have the 100,000 mile service done. That was completed, and now that it has just gotten out of warranty, it started constantly knocking, and I'm being told it needs a new engine to the tune of $10,000 including labor.

I called the customer assistance center and opened a case. They informed me that they can provide "some assistance" but would not give me definite answer as to how much. I believe they should cover all the cost, since it was brought to their attention several times while under warranty. By the tone of my last conversation with the customer service advisor telling me he will make a decision, and that will be the final decision by GM, outside of me pursuing other avenues outside of GM, it sounds like I may have to elevate this. Anyone have any experience dealing with Cadillac on getting an issue such as this resolved?

#4 ·
In this situation when they offer assistance, I would ask for 100% until they give you a figure. I would produce the repair order that was given to you when you picked up your vehicle from the dealership(when you had brought up the knocking). when you service with your dealer it builds value in these type of cases. Also get the general manager involved from the dealer.

If they step up and help out, you may end up paying 2-3k. Make sure since you're paying a portion that you get a good warranty with it. If they cover it 100% you may only get 12/12. When you pay a portion, you can get 3/36 warranty. I'm only speaking from my experience with a different brand, but they all play the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.