Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have been fighting with my dealership as to what my problem is for a while now and i thought i would ask some other cts owners if anybody has had this problem as well. The problem is that once in a while the car desides to accelerate while i have my foot onthe brake, as i do this the lcd screen says some type of error then corrects itself. Has anybody had similar issues? Also does anybody have any ideas on what to do abouot this issue as i am afraid to drive my brand new cts with 6000KMs and it sits in my Garage. thanks a bunch.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
The key here will be what the DIC shows. Tell your dealer what message is displayed and they can start diagnosing.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
I never had that problem with either my CTS or SRX, both 3.6. Hit the onstar button and see if they can read any codes.

Nothing personal, but does anyone know if there has been a documented recall for unintended acceleration that was not caused by user error? These claims just about killed Audi in the US until they determined that people were hitting the gas instead of the brake with the pedals close together.

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys, im gonna make sure i write down what it says on the display and let the dealership know.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
He mentioned KMs, so he probably doesn't have onstar.

Anyway, sounds like a serious issue that should be taken care off by the dealer. Hope he will find the cause and manages to repair it.

And welcome to the forum!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts