Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago, the Automotive News had an unmasked picture of the new STS taken at the Nurburgring on their front page. I can not find my copy, and there doesn't seem to be a better picture than this on the internet:

Does someone have a copy they could scan?! The masked shots are everywhere, why hasn't someone posted the unmasked ones? It looks like a stretched CTS with an XLR front.

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
204 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
...The masked shots are everywhere, why hasn't someone posted the unmasked ones? It looks like a stretched CTS with an XLR front.
Did you expect a style that would look good?

I'm not a fan of the CTS or XLR, or really much of a fan of any of the new styles Cadillac is coming up with. The CTS and XLR look a bit cartoonish to me and the Deville, well it lost its fins!

I'd like to see them go back to more sleek lines and maybe even some small fins again on their Devilles! :)

I noticed the other day a new Buick with portholes in the front fenders. Really looks good! Those have always been an instant identifier of car brand. ... Like fins have been on Cadillacs since, when, the late 1940's!

..rickko..

·
Registered
'95 White Diamond Eldorado Biarritz
184 Posts
I, for one, will be extremely disappointed if that indeed is the new sts. I mean come on Bob....you want to try and compete with other luxury imports and raise Cadillac up a notch by stretching out a CTS? I saw this image: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=360 ......and nearly fell flat on the floor, then thought for a hour what I would need to sell in order to buy it :) But I guess that was someone elsess rendition......GM should hire him to design the new caddy's and fire their current designers. I mean the CTS is nice but I am sick of this "lets call make a longer model of car A. and call it car B." and what about the early escalades? Its like buying a GMC truck and offering the Cadillac intestines as a option....If Cadillac wants to trade up they need to offer a distinctive line of automobiles.....and by distinctive I mean every line is distinctive..none of this mix and match headlight,fender,trim stuff.....Just my 2c.....ps I do really love cadi's, just am upset that nothing has come out to really get me excited...(except for the sixteen and the above sts).watch for my 07' eldorado.....she will be something :)

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
acklac7 said:
I, for one, will be extremely disappointed if that indeed is the new sts. I mean come on Bob....you want to try and compete with other luxury imports and raise Cadillac up a notch by stretching out a CTS? I saw this image: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=360 ......and nearly fell flat on the floor, then thought for a hour what I would need to sell in order to buy it :) But I guess that was someone elsess rendition......GM should hire him to design the new caddy's and fire their current designers. I mean the CTS is nice but I am sick of this "lets call make a longer model of car A. and call it car B." and what about the early escalades? Its like buying a GMC truck and offering the Cadillac intestines as a option....If Cadillac wants to trade up they need to offer a distinctive line of automobiles.....and by distinctive I mean every line is distinctive..none of this mix and match headlight,fender,trim stuff.....Just my 2c.....ps I do really love cadi's, just am upset that nothing has come out to really get me excited...(except for the sixteen and the above sts).watch for my 07' eldorado.....she will be something :)
100 PERCENT CORRECT. The lines on these vehicles are TOO similar and its beginning to scare me. The Deville started the unoffical beginning to the Art and Design theme and then the Escalade 02 and CTS came along. Cool I said, these look different and neat. But then I saw the SRX, and then the XLR and now this!!! They all look like refunctified versions of eachother!!

NOO CADILLAC, this is not how its done. Bring back the style!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
You know whats funny to me is, that as "edgy" as the new styling is suppose to be, it looks bland in person. I think it only really works on the CTS. All the rest appear too slab-sided and with chiseled fronts and backs they take on a mundane persona. The CTS-V is by far the best looking A & S out yet imo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brett said:
You know whats funny to me is, that as "edgy" as the new styling is suppose to be, it looks bland in person. I think it only really works on the CTS. All the rest appear too slab-sided and with chiseled fronts and backs they take on a mundane persona. The CTS-V is by far the best looking A & S out yet imo.

It looks good on the XLR too...but it doesn't work for me on the Suburbalanche.

Now the Cien....THAT was sweet! A&S where it worked best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts