Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
XTS 2015 China assembled 2.0Turbo
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on one of the websites that the dealer can unlock your CUE to give some extra features (playing a sound when the welcoming video starts on the screen upon opening the door ...... Playing movies on the main screen when the car is in motion.....)
However when I asked my dealer they said it's not possible any ideas??

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III
338 Posts
I'm sure no auto manufacturer or dealer will knowingly help you to unlock your CUE/Intellelink/MyLink to be able to watch videos or movies while in motion. The liabilities are frightening to think about. If you're in an accident with that feature operational, I'm sure that your insurance company will not want to admit to knowing you.

·
Registered
XTS 2015 China assembled 2.0Turbo
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. The other features are very interesting though. Check out the link. http://cn.bing.com/fd/ls/GLinkPing.aspx?IG=fa853c4b9c864612adb921286061d7b2&&ID=SERP,5136.1&SUIH=Isj-UDZJ70UL7wlSsXoF6Q&redir=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5qZXNzZXdlYi5jb20vcmVzdC91bmxvY2stY2FkaWxsYWMtY3VlLw

----------

socalcaddyats said:
I just saw the link. That's what I'm talking about. It's amazing

·
Registered
2014 XTS FWD Premuim 3.6 V6, 2014 ATS AWD Luxury 2.0T V4
268 Posts
Have somebody done this? What is the process? Via USB stick?

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
You have to swap out the HMI module with one that is custom programmed. (the link above is who sells them...think it's $500) I was going to do this but have been reconsidering it.

Oh and the 2013's had the entry sound before the "major" CUE update...mine did and I was pissed off when I lost the feature. Dealer said there was nothing they could do to get it back.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Premium
73 Posts
I was pissed off when I lost the feature.
I'm laughing at myself right now because, when I got my '13, I didn't like that noise so I shut it off
in the options menu. About a month ago, I decided to put it back on and spent probably an hour looking
for the menu item. I thought I was losing my mind. :) As it turns out, all I really lost was that menu
in one of the CUE updates my dealer did.

Thanks for confirming my mental health.

·
Registered
'03 & '06 CTS's (traded), '14 XTS Lux (traded), '16 CTS4 Premium 2.0T (now)
461 Posts
I looked in to this a while back. Don't recall the company name but it was close to $1k to have it done.

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
588 Posts
My 2013 had 2 updates and it still played the entry sounds. Right up until I turned the car in last month.
The volume control for that feature was still there too. Strange.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I'm laughing at myself right now because, when I got my '13, I didn't like that noise so I shut it off
in the options menu. About a month ago, I decided to put it back on and spent probably an hour looking
for the menu item. I thought I was losing my mind. :) As it turns out, all I really lost was that menu
in one of the CUE updates my dealer did.

Thanks for confirming my mental health.
NP... if it's any consolation, the dealership tried to tell me that it was never there at first! Suuuure it wasn't:)

----------

My 2013 had 2 updates and it still played the entry sounds. Right up until I turned the car in last month.
The volume control for that feature was still there too. Strange.
Somehow, you still don't have the latest update. After having fun with the dealer about it, they confirmed that it was removed from the feature list.

·
Registered
2015 xts Premium fwd 2009 CTS AWD
588 Posts
Jeff
That will have to be the next owners problem. I don't have the 2013 anymore. By the way I never had any real issues with cue system on that car.

----------

I should correct that statement. Before the first update there were scrolling issues which the update took care of.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Jeff
That will have to be the next owners problem. I don't have the 2013 anymore. By the way I never had any real issues with cue system on that car.

----------

I should correct that statement. Before the first update there were scrolling issues which the update took care of.
'
See, this is what pisses me off. (not you, how these cars are hit or miss) I still find my "3 x updated" and "NEW CUE system unit" in my car to be lethargic as hell and favorite songs are guaranteed to disappear after "x" amount of time. There are other bugs too but those two are the worst ones. My ONLY hope is this unlock/hack, which uses a newer HMI module...I just don't want to take a gamble on that when I'll be trading this in within the next year or so.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,662 Posts
Jeff,

What version of the CUE system are you running? Mine is 12.6N185. The software update is: V2773 SUB 12293-CUE which was current as of 4-2015.

CC

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
You may have a different version because you have a Platinum but mine is GMG2_12.6N146.3. Build stamp 20131128162540. I tell my dealership every time that it is acting funny and they keep saying there are no updates at this point. Due to it flickering in and out, they replaced the entire system...same end result. (slow to react, favorites disappearing, menus DO reset/revert in DIC after "X" amount of restarts)

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,662 Posts
When I picked up my car in July, it had the latest and greatest updates, though the mapping software is likely old, but fine for my needs at the moment. I don't know how often the Gracenotes software is updated.

The Settings<Software Information displayed in my CUE is:

Software 23150273 This was the latest software update to squash bugs
Gracenote 22993544
Map 22993553

The latest map update was: 23496379 and should be obsolete any day now.

CC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts