Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Concours 4.6L FWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Concours 4.6L
pic #1 the plate cover in the left of the picture should familiarize, I'm looking for information regarding the triangle of holes that is mounted atop what seems to be the air cleaner inlet duct..it looks to be bolted to a piece that attaches to the cruise control servo..any help is appreciated.

#2 With the plate cover off, the piece I'm pointing to is the piece I am unsure of what it is called, and it's purpose. As you can see, it's been epoxyed and even duct taped in some places...so I need to get each part replaced.

#3 Another look, just out of the car. this is the unit I was pointing to, what is that piece it attaches to (on the right)? Right above where the hoses connect to the part (in the pic), is an electrical connection to another plug. It reads "DelcoRemy" on it, can I just get this piece at a junkyard? What is it called? And how can I test to see if I need to replace it?

I'm sorry I'm bothering you guys so much, it's just my Haynes and my Chilton manual are a little too vague. Ranger especially, as you've posted on each thread I've needed to start. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and input.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,585 Posts
More proof of the uselessness of Chiltons and Haynes. I'm not familiar with that. My first Northstar was a '97 and did not have that, but it appears to be a solenoid that controls the vacuum from the vacuum lines. Follow the other end and see where it goes. I'm guessing maybe the EVAP system.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,152 Posts
The rubber 3-hole thingy is a vacuum connector block or fitting, Cadillac specific. The unidentified part looks like the CANP (Canister purge valve) used in the fuel evaporative emissions system.

IF you cannot find the 3-port vacuum fitting, look through the "Help!!" blister packs at a large parts store. There are quite a few vacuum fittings there, and even if you had to use individual vacuum connectors and vacuum hose, it could be made to work very satisfactorily. All those shiny plastic vacuum lines eventually crack and can be easily replaced with the proper sized vacuum hose with nylon connector barbs from the same "Help!!" racks.

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Concours 4.6L FWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! I was wondering the same thing..if I could just bring home some vacuum lines from work and kind of create something out of it. I might not even have to replace that canister purge valve, we'll see. Thanks for the direction! Now I can get the car up and running and check out that PCV valve and replace the FPR.

And yeah, I almost feel I'm wasting my time with these manuals but they're the only thing I've got. Been trying to get my hands on one of those Helms or GM factory service manuals for a while, as I've heard their pretty in depth, but to no avail. You guys are all I've got..thanks so much for the help! I'm sure you'll hear from me soon enough..

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,152 Posts
Spend $39.95 to subscribe your car for three years to www.alldatadiy.com . More info, manuals, specs, labor times, TSB's, DTC's, recalls, Tech Tips, parts explosions...........you'll never be able to use it all, and it's for your particular car - no others. Renewals are about half price for the next three years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts