Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys remember that pain in the ass who T-Boned me right after Lindsay installed the headers? They just finished the tear down, and it looks like there is about 15K worth of damage. Most left panels, the uniside, roof and floor all need to be replaced / repaired.

So my big concern is the with the floor, roof and uniside. Do you think this little incident will permanetly alter the way the car drives? What should I look for when I get my ride back?

Man, why couldnt she have damaged the hood? Then at least I could get Specter Werks to give me a pimpin replacement :)

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Wow that sucks. If you don't have sentimental value to that perticular car, I'd start fresh.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
:gurl: Awww. You know that was funny stuff. :alchi:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
15k in damage? isnt that considered totalled??
i think you could/should try and get a new V whenever possible... newer car means longer warrenty, less miles on the engine and tires, perfect interior & exterior condition, no worries about how good of a job the shop did repairing the car, etc..

2cents

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Whether you fix the car or not, I would argue that someone owes you more than 15k because the value of the car, even if prefectly repaired, will not be equal to what is was 1 minute before the wreck occurred. The mere existence of this repair on the car's history will reduce its value from what it otherwise would have been -- forever. The point being, that an insurance settlement based on the "reduction in value" as opposed to just the repair bill might get you to a "fresh start" if that is where you want to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts