Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, 1970 Cadillac Eldorado,
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I’ve been having a rough idle on my 1995 Cadillac ETC.

I’ve been reading how easy it is to remove IAC, well uh I need some help.

My next phase of making progress on this is to replace my map sensor and idle air control valve.

My issue resides in removing the IAC. The front of the two little screws (which are torque heads or stars as some say on this car) sits in front of my driver side engine dampener which only gives me about Less than a half inch of room to work taking out the IAC. Is there An easier way to go about taking this part out? Like without having to remove my engine dampener and brackets as well as vacuum line attached to the bracket? I see I don’t even have enough room to stick a 90° torque key to loosen the screws and probably wouldn’t have enough room to pull it out from what it looks like but I am not sure. I will attach some pictures so you know what I’m talking about.

I won’t cheap out on an IAC part but can I just get a cheap o MAF from Napa or autozone or is that not recommended.

·
Registered
1998 Cadillac Deville 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe, 1970 Cadillac Eldorado,
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can send more pics if need be!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
Remove the dogbone and bracket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remove the dogbone and bracket.
That’s what I was afraid of. Is it only like this with only similar years of N*’s?
Do you know if the sensor going into the intake housing is considered the MAF? Rock auto has them listed as Charge Temperature sensors.

·
Administrator
69,854 Posts
The Eldorados held onto the torque strut dogbones for a while after the other FWD Northstar cars did away (mistakenly) with them. That deletion led to ruptured front center motor mounts and an expensive repair job. Several members have fabricated their own dogbones for the Seville/Deville series. I bought a set from a CF member who is frequently in here.

The MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is, if fitted, bolted to the throttlebody intake flange and it sends airflow signals to the PCM. The Intake Air Temp sensor (IAT) is probably in the intake duct at or before the MAF - it sends air temps to the PCM for mixture control.

Look at pictures of your sensors in www.rockauto.com. They all (a dozen or so for engine controls alone) vary by engine/model generation. My 2002 IAT and MAF are very different from your 1995.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,185 Posts
I won’t cheap out on an IAC part but can I just get a cheap o MAF from Napa or autozone or is that not recommended.
Stay away from AutoZone. They're DuraLast parts are not called "Don'tLast" for nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
“The MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor is, if fitted, bolted to the throttlebody intake flange and it sends airflow signals to the PCM.”

I looked on Rock auto and cannot seem to find any MAF for my year make and model. Only a MAP sensor. Is it possible that my car doesn’t have a MAF sensor?

·
Administrator
69,854 Posts
Which car ? Which engines ?

Your 1998 shows the MAF as being bolted to the throttlebody - it's shown under the Exhaust & Emissions heading, not the Fuel/Air.

The 1995 (?Northstar) doesn't show a MAF - but the appropriate GM/Cadillac service manual is gospel, not RockAuto.

Just realized we're working on the 1995 Eldorado .............

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bad yes this is the 95 ETC N* weird rock doesn’t have a part I did end up finding it under the beauty cover by TB where it should be. I was at work last post just utterly wtf!
I found a a leak between the TB so I’ll be getting a gasket for that as well. I think she’ll be spinning like a top here soon thanks for the help gentlemen

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX (sold), 96 Eldorado (sold), 99 DeVille (sold)
1,358 Posts
I think the original one is Denso. The AC Delco one may be a crappy aftermarket one that is rebranded. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts