·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,795 Posts
I didn't come looking for any sympathy
that's a good thing - because you'll get NONE here -

here is the bottom line -

you bought the WRONG CAR - for the WRONG REASON -

you got ROYALLY SCREWED getting it "fixed" -
still can't imagine a car with only 40K miles needs much more than belts - hoses - and fluids

I STRONGLY recommend that you dump that junker ASAP -
for whatever some other SUCKER is willing to pay for it -
I bet something will fail or break EVERY time to take it out - because it's a Cadillac

OR park it somewhere until your sick friend finally croaks -
THEN dump it -

enjoy the forum -

oh ya - hope your day improves...!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
In re: “otherwise why would you need a forum for advice, right????”

No, not entirely at least. Forums are started for many reasons, to discuss their experiences mostly, which includes, giving and getting advice, to brag, bemoan, complain, compare, modify, beautify, show, travel and occasionally meet and greet. I belong to several motorcycle forums, some dedicated to a particular brand and model and others related to touring, sport touring and long distance touring. (Everyone) gives and gets advice, brags, bemoans, complains, modifies, beautifies, shows, travels and occasionally meets up with others. (Some) new to forum activities seem to start out wrong, make incorrect assumptions on the vehicle they know nothing about, spend way too much money on their newly acquired vehicle before (before) seeking information that might’ve been helpful both in diagnosing the issue and what might be the best way to accomplish the repair. Obviously this can leave a bad taste...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chas, the reason you see so many “issue” threads is that a large majority of posters to forums only join to ask questions when they have issues. This is true on most car forums. For every poster that has an issue, there are a hundred happy owners that don’t feel the need to join a forum to state how much they love their car. Of course there are a few of us that join to do just that and learn, but we are the minority.

As far as your particular vehicle, that is incredibly low mileage and if the only repair was less than $150, I’d call that a win so long as you didn’t overpay for the vehicle. That being said (as it has been said), it is nearly 20 years old and early 2000s vehicles in general are not near the quality of modern vehicles so I would not expect it to be trouble free by any stretch of the imagination.

I wish you the best and would recommend not to get too upset when you read comments that you don’t particularly like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
@Cutherfield, the small fee charged to repair the problem was after I had spent a lot with the Cadillac dealership throwing parts in it, hoping to fix the problem and never did.
Yes, I read this perfectly fine. Again, the issue here is not the brand of car...it's that the owner "spent a lot with the Cadillac dealership throwing parts in it." Why you did this, I have absolutely no idea. But coming to a forum simply to bash a brand for mistakes YOU made is completely silly. Take it to an independent service center!! Would've saved you thousands of dollars.

If you would have read my post correctly instead of getting in a big hurry to criticize, I have spent double what I paid for it to get it road worthy and I expected to have a costly repair bill...
And who's fault is that? Not Cadillac's!

My point was spending money for parts and labor and never having the problem repaired, that was my gripe.. So don't be shocked "MY FRIEND" And yes I have driven it for a while now, it had 41k on it when I bought it and it now has 44,083 on it and yes it runs good and I like driving it. And being 71 years old and having only one Cadillac dealership where I live, that is where I had to take it until I found a new business that knew what they were doing and from I have read in this forum there are many Caddy Dealerships that don't know what they are doing either. So think about it, before you start throwing stones "MY FRIEND"
Once again, and this can't be stressed enough, that's on you for not doing your homework and acting impulsively. Doesn't matter what kind of car you drive, you take that car to a dealership, you're going to get straight-out robbed. Period. Your posting here is pointless. Either learn how to effectively spend your money, or don't. This is not a forum issue. And btw, when I referred to you as "my friend," I was being kind, not rude. Stop being so offended.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Thank You Raven, my scissors are working correctly, and every time. I haven't had to take it to the repair shop once.
So are mine - got 7 pair, and they have been trouble free for the better part of a decade. My spaceships however require a little more work. This is normal.

And yes, I have heard that Cadillacs were troublesome...
You heard wrong.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts