Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is the 2011 CTS-V has a detuned LSA engine to deliver its 556 BHP. How can I "undetune" it to get the same horsepower the engine delivers in the Corvette that gets around 630 BHP?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels
456 Posts
The LSA isn't just a detuned LS9. It has many different parts. A different, smaller, supercharger as well as some different internal engine parts. Different cam.

If you want more power putting the LS9 parts on it isn't a cost effective way to do it at all. You can get more power cheaper and easier through aftermarket pieces. The performance modification section of the forum here has a lot of threads with info on what mods people did to get to what power levels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LSA isn't just a detuned LS9. It has many different parts. A different, smaller, supercharger as well as some different internal engine parts. Different cam.

If you want more power putting the LS9 parts on it isn't a cost effective way to do it at all. You can get more power cheaper and easier through aftermarket pieces. The performance modification section of the forum here has a lot of threads with info on what mods people did to get to what power levels.
I see. Makes sense. Very helpful. I will check the forums.

Thank you!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,815 Posts
Start with pulleys and then a tune with new injectors. Cams, forged parts,heads, there are so many ways to part with your money !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts