173 Posts
Geeeeez!!! That shook my monitor right off my computer desk!!! :hide:
Great work on the video!! :thumbsup:

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
1- Holy crap there's a lot of compression/twisting in the front bushing

2- Where can I get a snowboard cam? That sucker is awesome!

Points for a well executed idea.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
That is too cool. Send to GM and tell them to fix our shit.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
First off, when read the post and that there was going to be an under car vid I thought I was going to have to grab some dramamine tabs, but the video was well done. I was nice to get that perspective. Thanks for the post.

Has anyone seen some videos like this on other cars with irs?

·
Registered
CTS-V
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. sorry about the second position of the camera. I thought it was pretty informative about what was obviously causing most of the wheelhop. The cradle itself is fairly stiff and doesnt need bracing. It is big fully boxed rail, so the inserts were the obvious fix. I just put the specter werks bushings in and wow, so far immense improvement. It started raining after my first two launches, and you can get some wheel hop in the rain if you try. I still need more messing around before i am completely decided. but so far i am pleased.

just for those who are curious, here is the camera i used.
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=camerascamcorders&type=camcorders&subtype=digitalmemory&model_cd=SC-X300L/XAA#

·
26,239 Posts
Okay- this is an 11PM, several beer idea, but stick with me:

Everyone can tell how badly the entire rear subframe is twisting upward on the bushings during acceleration, right? Here's what I'm seeing:

Why doesn't somebody find a way to brace the point at the green arrows against the underbody, perhaps with a bump stop from a Tahoe or something? I just looked under my car, and it seems like it would work.

If this works, I reserve all rights to become a millionaire off of the idea. If not, thebigjimsho thought it up.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

Everyone can tell how badly the entire rear subframe is twisting upward on the bushings during acceleration, right? Here's what I'm seeing:

Why doesn't somebody find a way to brace the point at the green arrows against the underbody, perhaps with a bump stop from a Tahoe or something? I just looked under my car, and it seems like it would work.

If this works, I reserve all rights to become a millionaire off of the idea. If not, thebigjimsho thought it up.
Oh yeah? And I'm taking a dump in a Super 8 in Wheeling, WV pondering the phone call I got from the US DOT today...

·
26,239 Posts
Haha....that's what I figured, but I'd never seen pictures of your kit so wasn't sure. Plus, as the original post said- it was late, and I was channeling Sam Adams. :cheers:

Carry on. :hide:

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
Tony, I do believe you would be on to something a little more cost efficient. Although the KARS kit would be the better choice all around, but the bump stop thing would work well for just a few spirited launches every now and then.

Now just getting them up there would be the next step. :D

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V (sold)
1,473 Posts
That camera has image stabilization...guess Samsung didn't anticipate it being mounted under a V.

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts

Wouldnt a few washers, a metal spacer, and a few rubber washers do it? Just make it solid? Or at leat more solid?

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
or you could do this...

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
739 Posts
thanks guys. sorry about the second position of the camera. I thought it was pretty informative about what was obviously causing most of the wheelhop. The cradle itself is fairly stiff and doesnt need bracing. It is big fully boxed rail, so the inserts were the obvious fix. I just put the specter werks bushings in and wow, so far immense improvement. It started raining after my first two launches, and you can get some wheel hop in the rain if you try. I still need more messing around before i am completely decided. but so far i am pleased.

just for those who are curious, here is the camera i used.
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=camerascamcorders&type=camcorders&subtype=digitalmemory&model_cd=SC-X300L/XAA#
nice camera though... how much?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts