Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a dumb question, but is it possible to paint the cover thats on my Northstar engine. Im pretty god at paint and body so ill be the one doing it. That being said should I use high heat paint or just have it powder coated, oh yeah does the Cadillac emblem pop off or will I have to tape it off?

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Funny 'ting you should mention, I plan on doing the same thing. I'm just going to clean the unit with the best degreaser I have, then paint to match the body colour - As my emblem is of the older variety, I'll be replacing it anyway with the newer arts and sceince one, but I guess you could just tape it off,,,,,,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Im pretty sure u cant powder coat this part because it is plastic. The powder coating process involves charging the part negatively, then misting positively charged powder on to it, after which u cure the part in the oven at hight temps. Im sure you can paint this piece easily yourself.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
If it's a plastic cover a Hi temp engine paint will do. Power coating is mostly done with metal components. Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts