Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great site. I own a 98 Deville. WHAT AN AWESOME SITE. This weekend I ran my diagnostics and discovered I had 14 trouble codes on my car. After two days of researching, I have cleared all of them but two. One is the VATS, B2711 and the P1634 Ignition switch circuit. I know how to resolve these, but I was tired of only my defrost and floor vents being the only ones working. I replaced all vaccum lines under the hood this weekend. I read that if your vacuum lines were bad, to blow them out with compressed air because the deteriorated hoses could clog your vacuum lines under the dash. I was in a hurry on my lunch break and unhooked all of them at the same time to try and clear them out. I unhooked all of them and just want to make sure I have them all in the correct spot. I have the orange one for recirculate right bt y the column. The red and yellow one are on the same diaphragm. Green to parking break. I have the FSM and a Hayes manual and can't find it. The FSM has a diagram with the hoses on them, but it doesn't tell you which color ones go where. Just wanting to make sure I got it right. BTW, I resolved my ABS and Traction Control this weekend. I had a C1235 code, I unplugged the sensor and cleaned the corrosion of of the terminals and ta da. Never realized the beast that was hiding under the skin of my car. ALSO, if you have the check gas cap message, I resolved this by replacing All of the vacuum lines for the HVAC under the hood and it went away as well. Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
Welcome to the Funny Farm !!! :highfive:

I don't have the vacuum color codes for your car - someone in here does.

The gas cap and maybe emissions codes pertain to the EVAP system, not HVAC. Sometimes either the fuel tank vent solenoid or a line at the charcoal canister (body rail, just about under the rear seat, driver's side) comes loose. Under the hood, the EVAP purge line, connected to the purge solenoid and throttlebody, should have a green cap on the test port. If that is loose/cracked you also get EVAP codes.

In your spare time, study the sticky threads on the main threads page of any forum of interest. For some in-depth info on your car and engine, study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive way up ^^^ in the top black bar. It was written by one of the Northstar Systems engineers (past CF member) and the OLM part was written by the engineer who developed the OLM algorithms.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Welcome :wave:

As long as you have the hoses routed correctly, the colors are irrelevant.

P.S.
The Haynes manual is best used to soak up fluid spills on the garage floor.

·
Registered
1998 Deville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ranger, I was in a hurry during my lunch break and disconnected all HVAC hoses at once to blow them out. I know, stupid on my part, but I work 60 hours a week and was in a hurry. Also, I replaced front rotors after I filled my car up. When I jacked up the RF side of my car, I had some fuel spill out near the canister. I drove it a little bit to get some fuel out and checked it the next day and couldn't tell the exact location it came out of. It was FULL, any chance it overflowed out of the canister?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If you have all the vac lines hooked up it can be couple reasons why not auto releasing. One the ebrake vac canister leaking, or still a vac leak. Another possibility as I just troubleshooted this on my 98. Used a MityVac hand pump, everything checked with no leaks. I popped apart the module the vac hoses hook to under dash(has bunch of coils in it that open lines as called for) and the damn thing started working when put back together. I figure coil actuator was stuck, bad electric connection or debris plugging up the works. I also had hoses disintegrate and maybe crap in the line.

·
Registered
1995 deville concours northstar
119 Posts
Also, parking break is still not releasing. I have to pull the handle up under the dash to release it.
I had this going on for 2 years.. but the diaphragm was not leaking vacuum. Finally was time to replace rear pads and rotors, and ended up replacing both rear calipers as well.. Once my car had 2 new rear calipers the parking brake pedal slams upwards with authority (release springs on the rear calipers lose their stiffness after years) New springs on new rear calipers will fix this if it bothers you..

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Ranger, I was in a hurry during my lunch break. I know, stupid on my part, but I work 60 hours a week and was in a hurry.
Haste makes waste. Been there, done that more times than I care to admit.

Also, I replaced front rotors after I filled my car up. When I jacked up the RF side of my car, I had some fuel spill out near the canister. I drove it a little bit to get some fuel out and checked it the next day and couldn't tell the exact location it came out of. It was FULL, any chance it overflowed out of the canister?
Possible, but there should not be any fuel in the canister. Should be vapors only.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts