Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stopped by Felix Cadillac in downtown LA to check out an XLR in person. It was the first time I've had a chance to see one up close and personal, and as far as the car goes, I was very impressed. However, the reason behind this post is my anger with the dealership. Not only did the woman I spoke to have no idea what she was talking about (said it was based on the CTS platform), but the dealership had the audacity to ask 102 thousand dollars for it. Unbelievable. Through their greed and incompitence, dealers are the wrench in the gears of Cadillac's (and GM's) comeback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Woa, you should contact Cadillac about them. I know 12 year olds who know the XLR isn't on the CTS platform. Congrats on getting to look at the new XLR, I havn't seen one yet in person.
 

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
Joined
·
7,658 Posts
I really want to go see the XLR..... Its nice looking but like the SRX pictures probably dont do it justice..... I went by the caddy dealership last weekend and I still kick myself for not getting out and looking at it up close!!!

102 grand??? They only want 85 off caddys website!!!!

Have the started coming to dealer showrooms yet....
 

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
Joined
·
5,929 Posts
I stopped to see one today, at a Caddy dealer near me. I loved the car, hated the color: Silver. Did NOTHING for the car in Silver. BLAH-CITY. Really comfortable, sitting in it. Killer good looks. They offerred it to me for %77,500.00.
(Of course not - I would never pay $77,500 for a car) ~ Only $20,000 down & $1,650 @ month.......... Sounds like a "deal" :bonkers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad works for GM and I've already asked him to pass on the info to where it will do the most good. It's just frustrating that GM has no control over the dealerships and the dealers who are really the only contact the consumer has with the company. A bad dealer experience can turn a consumer off to an entire brand, so it is unfortunate that automobile companies have no way to discipline or screen their dealers.
 

·
Registered
'06 DTS Performance
Joined
·
204 Posts
sdevine1979 said:
... It's just frustrating that GM has no control over the dealerships and the dealers who are really the only contact the consumer has with the company. A bad dealer experience can turn a consumer off to an entire brand, so it is unfortunate that automobile companies have no way to discipline or screen their dealers.
This is EXACTLY the same with Harley-Davidson. The factory sets the MSRP but its damn hard to find a dealership that'll sell it one at MSRP. The factory really doesn't care in that the dealership already bought it from them. At that point its up to the dealership to sell it for whatever the market will bear. Even if it sells at List, the dealership ends up making a handsome profit but many wil stilll price them from $500 to $4000 over list!

..rickko..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Recently, I even had a dealer tell me that they added the extra pricing "when they were forced too!"

Needless to say, I left that dealer and will never go back. No one forces someone to attempt to rip off their customers. So not only are they opposed to their customers, they are dishonest in addition.

Adding the dealer packs, of course, is legal. It also is scummy, and I see no reason to support it. While Cadillac cannot stop it, they certainly can prioritize their dealings with their dealers to put such scum in their place.

rickko said:
This is EXACTLY the same with Harley-Davidson. The factory sets the MSRP but its damn hard to find a dealership that'll sell it one at MSRP. The factory really doesn't care in that the dealership already bought it from them. At that point its up to the dealership to sell it for whatever the market will bear. Even if it sells at List, the dealership ends up making a handsome profit but many wil stilll price them from $500 to $4000 over list!

..rickko..
 

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
Joined
·
14,607 Posts
the xlr here is selling at 91k extra cash is from it being a ed morse edition , this means it has a speical car wax , mink oil on the seats and a bigger ed morse sticker this and adjusted market valuve driove it from its normal 85-87 k to 91k

the car was purchased before it got there , dealer required the customer to sit around and wait till the dealer was done letting ti collect dust in the showroom , even after saying that i still think ed morse is the best caddy dealer in central florida , very nice people and they were as knollagble (if not more) than i was regarding the xlr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Saw one at my local dealer. Sticker price from factory $76,000, dealers price $96,000. I heard of paying over sticker but is this legal?????? I'm sure some rich moron will pay the $20,000 over sticker. Like I always say there is an @**hole for every seat.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Most of the Caddy dealers in LA should have their franchise revoked. I once went into Lou Ehlers and asked about a CTS and they had no idea what I was talking about and it was sitting on the showroom floor! (true story)

The only honest dealer in CA is Rydell in Northridge

Cadillac is making great cars but their salespeople are all 90 yrs old and need to be retired. You cant but a MErcedes at a chrsyler dealer so why is Caddy selling their cars at GMC or Pontiac dealers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
All kinds of dealers for all kinds of cars follow the same practice of adding on to the suggested retail price. It's called a market area adjustment. I remember way back when the first Mazda RX7 hit the dealer floor in the 70's. The window sticker said something like $7800. I told the salesman to start talking. He told me since it's a hot car, we'll start around $9800. I told him to start shoving it up his ass. It's an age old tradition.
 

·
Registered
06 escalade ext--06XLR
Joined
·
3 Posts
El Dobro said:
All kinds of dealers for all kinds of cars follow the same practice of adding on to the suggested retail price. It's called a market area adjustment. I remember way back when the first Mazda RX7 hit the dealer floor in the 70's. The window sticker said something like $7800. I told the salesman to start talking. He told me since it's a hot car, we'll start around $9800. I told him to start shoving it up his ass. It's an age old tradition.

I have one on order production date is the week of January 12, 04. My dealer was only allocated one. I put a 10,000 deposit on the car in March 03. I am paying msrp.. Hope those who want one can find a dealer like mine. Brown and Wood Cadillac in Greenville, NC.
 

·
Registered
06 STS AWD/00 STS
Joined
·
60 Posts
Here, If your looking for a X L R in stock to be shipped anywhere then call Les a forum member . Les has the XLR 's in stock and he does not slap a dealer increase on the car. He will even deal. Same with the S R X. Ask for Les at 1-847 -362 -4100.
 

·
Registered
1996 Seville STS
Joined
·
141 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
the xlr here is selling at 91k extra cash is from it being a ed morse edition , this means it has a speical car wax , mink oil on the seats and a bigger ed morse sticker this and adjusted market valuve driove it from its normal 85-87 k to 91k

the car was purchased before it got there , dealer required the customer to sit around and wait till the dealer was done letting ti collect dust in the showroom , even after saying that i still think ed morse is the best caddy dealer in central florida , very nice people and they were as knollagble (if not more) than i was regarding the xlr
Who is ed morse?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
i just saw one. some old lady got it from her husbend for xmass. black is beautiful on it. she showed me the push button start and stuff. she was very cool too, and lucky.
 

·
Banned
1993 Triple Black Allante
Joined
·
701 Posts
I've been seeing lots of them on Ebay lately. Even the Neiman Marcus LTD edition for under 85k. My local dealer declined to order any, but said if I was serious he could get me what I wanted and with GM card discounts and incentives. What a dealer! Sexton's in Harriman, TN. I declined and will wait for them to drop in price like I did on my Allante. I did buy an new Chevy Silveradro from them and got what I thought was an excellent deal. From what has been posted here you could buy one on Ebay and have it delivered to your door for much less that working with those money grubbin dealers.
 

·
Registered
2016 CT6, 2019 XT5
Joined
·
140 Posts
Hey all,

I happened to be surfing through - I usually stick to the Escalade forums, but have been checking out the XLR myself lately. I would recommend what I think some others have mentioned - find an out-of-state dealer who will ship the car to you if you'd like. That's how I purchased my EXT. I had it shipped from Lund Cadillac in Phoenix, AZ to central Massachusetts.

Granted, point-click-drive for a $70,000+ vehicle had a few snags (my ride was customed by the dealer) but all in all, in the Internet Age, no one has to pay $20,000 over sticker for a car because of a greedy dealer.

(Doesn't hurt that my old man is a 25 year GM plant retiree, and the dealer can't argue with the factory-12% price I'm entitled to - but hey...) :cool:
- Tony
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top