Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like a trip to the dealer for me. The Icons that pop up at the bottom of the touch screen that controls the vents (face only, face and feet, feet only) has stopped working. Nothing happens when you touch them, One of them makes the "Thump" noise but that's all. So the AC is now stuck on feet only. The radio
presets that appear in the same place also don't work when touched. At least I can change the radio station with the steering wheel control. Had the car since Oct. 14' has only 2500 miles and this is my first problem with it.

UPDATE:

Brought the car to my local dealer 5/26, They had no loaners and said there was a 5 person waiting list for loaners and they were at their
MAXIMUM ALLOWED LOANER limit said the young girl. I asked what all that means and was told I can get on the waiting list for service
with a loaner. I said I think i'll ride up to the Cadillac dealer in the next state (about 25 miles) and see if they can help me. OK she says.

Went to that dealer and it was like night and day. Showed them the problem with the touch screen not working, Did the paper work on the
loaner, (2015 SRX) and was out the door in less then a 1/2 hour. The service writer just called and said they need to replace the screen and the part
will take about 2 days to get here. He asked if I wanted to leave the car with them until the part arrives and keep the loaner or I can pick it up
and bring it back. It was my choice.

It is just amazing to me how one dealer will do whatever they can to help the customer and another dealer just seems not to give a
damn.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE on Unable to change HVAC settings

Looks like a trip to the dealer for me. The Icons that pop up at the bottom of the touch screen that controls the vents (face only, face and feet, feet only) has stopped working. Nothing happens when you touch them, One of them makes the "Thump" noise but that's all. So the AC is now stuck on feet only. The radio
presets that appear in the same place also don't work when touched. At least I can change the radio station with the steering wheel control. Had the car since Oct. 14' has only 2500 miles and this is my first problem with it.

UPDATE:

Brought the car to my local dealer 5/26, They had no loaners and said there was a 5 person waiting list for loaners and they were at their
MAXIMUM ALLOWED LOANER limit said the young girl. I asked what all that means and was told I can get on the waiting list for service
with a loaner. I said I think i'll ride up to the Cadillac dealer in the next state (about 25 miles) and see if they can help me. OK she says.

Went to that dealer and it was like night and day. Showed them the problem with the touch screen not working, Did the paper work on the
loaner, (2015 SRX) and was out the door in less then a 1/2 hour. The service writer just called and said they need to replace the screen and the part
will take about 2 days to get here. He asked if I wanted to leave the car with them until the part arrives and keep the loaner or I can pick it up

It is just amazing to me how one dealer will do whatever they can to help the customer and another dealer just seems not to give a
damn.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
501 Posts
Re: UPDATE on Unable to change HVAC settings

UPDATE:

damn.
You should report the first dealer to Cadillac, that's the only way the dealer will get "fixed". They are required to provide Courtesy Transportation for 6 years or 70,000 miles. If they don't have loaners then they should pay for a rental.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

You should report the first dealer to Cadillac, that's the only way the dealer will get "fixed". They are required to provide Courtesy Transportation for 6 years or 70,000 miles. If they don't have loaners then they should pay for a rental.
I sent an email to the Service Manager and the Gen. Manager telling them the story and asking what their procedure was to get a car worked on. I asked if they had
a "waiting list" to get work done. I'm waiting on a reply before I up channel this to Cadillac. I will keep you posted on updates.

12,778 Posts
Richard427,
I am sorry to hear about your experience at your local dealership. I understand how frustrating this can be to experience, and would like the opportunity to look into this situation on our end. If you could please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and the contact information of the dealership in question, we can document your concerns and move forward with this case.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard427,
I am sorry to hear about your experience at your local dealership. I understand how frustrating this can be to experience, and would like the opportunity to look into this situation on our end. If you could please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and the contact information of the dealership in question, we can document your concerns and move forward with this case.

Best,

Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Care
Thanks Alex,

I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I sent an email to the Service Manager and the Gen. Manager telling them the story and asking what their procedure was to get a car worked on. I asked if they had
a "waiting list" to get work done. I'm waiting on a reply before I up channel this to Cadillac. I will keep you posted on updates.
There has been no reply to my email from the dealer. Yesterday I contacted Cadillac via their web site and told them the story. I got one of those "do not reply to this email"
automatic responses saying thanks and they will be in contact shortly. We'll see.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I go to the local Chevy Dealer for service it is one experience, When I go to Chantilly, VA. where the stand alone Cadillac Dealer is,, its a totally different experience.. Oil changes are fine at the chevy dealer but for any real issues the Cadillac dealer is the only way to go.. Moore Cadillac in Chantilly Va. is an awesome dealership and really does a great job taking care of its customers..
My local dealer where I had my problem sells Chevy & Cadillac. The dealer that I went to 25 miles up the interstate in Mississippi sells everything GM makes, Caddy, Buick,
Chevy, GMC. Their service dept. was great. Every dealer plays by their own rules. I have stated in previous postings that a bad dealer will ruin any improvements
that GM has made. I will put any vehicle GM makes against any other brand on quality. But let a bad dealer screw over a customer and the first thing they say is
"I'm never buying another GM again, I'm buying a Toyota".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts