Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1261 - 1278 of 1278 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Seville SLS
1 Posts
Hello I have a 2008 sts that I cannot set the clock. I am looking but cant find the loading.kwi file to burn. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thank You

·
Registered
2005 STS SG1,2006 STS,2010 STS, 2001 Seville STS
2 Posts
Hi
Just wanted to let y'all know the procedure worked on my car.
2005 STS4 with the nav update to allow for the 2016 navigation disk.
I lost the clock maybe 9 months ago when I had to replace the battery.
Downloaded the 08 file, burned to cd-rw and installed. Total time was less than 15 minutes. Clock and date came back about a minute after the nav rebooted. The gps was still crossed out but it's late and I'll verify the gps, gap control and other functions tomorrow. I did lose my saved addresses but the presets were still there.

I learned my lesson about disconnecting the battery though. When I replaced the battery in my 2006, I used a battery maintainer that had a power supply function. I can't find the particular charger I bought, so I can't post the link, but it came in handy. I hooked the positive to the nut clamping the positive battery cable in the fuse block. Negative anywhere convenient.

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
142 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
142 Posts
I tried this update and nothing happened...the update never started. Oh well. :(
What year do you have? There is one file for 2008 and another for 2009-2011. Others have used the updates for other years not listed with varying results. The service bulletin which is posted under 1242 has specific instructions: #1,242

·
Registered
3 Posts
What year do you have? There is one file for 2008 and another for 2009-2011. Others have used the updates for other years not listed with varying results. The service bulletin which is posted under 1242 has specific instructions: #1,242
I used the file for the 2008. The update just never started. I guess I could try the other file for the other years. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used the file for the 2008. The update just never started. I guess I could try the other file for the other years. Thanks.
Just in case it is an issue with the way the disc was burned, I've attached the directions which are for Windows but similar for Mac as well. If you have a 2008, then you should use that file for that year.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,105 Posts
I learned my lesson about disconnecting the battery though. When I replaced the battery in my 2006, I used a battery maintainer that had a power supply function. I can't find the particular charger I bought, so I can't post the link, but it came in handy. I hooked the positive to the nut clamping the positive battery cable in the fuse block. Negative anywhere convenient.
Be warned. I did this when I changed my battery, and the battery management system got very confused and was improperly (and inadequately) charging the new battery. Only after I reset everything (by disconnecting power), did it start charging correctly. Probably took some years off my new battery as a result of running around very discharged. Perhaps your method is acceptable when you are NOT changing the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a fix for the 2008-11 STS, but there is not, and will not be one for 2005-07. So the answer to your question depends on what year your car is. Several people here have already fixed the problem.
Hello! I have had an issue with my 2009 STS for a few weeks after having my car in the shop. PM of the needed file, please! Greatly appreciated

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello! I have had an issue with my 2009 STS for a few weeks after having my car in the shop. PM of the needed file, please! Greatly appreciated
Check out this post for the service bulletin with the STS links near the end: #1,242

·
Registered
1 Posts
The clock adjust screen will come up after touching and holding for a couple seconds the clock area on the screen but none of the adjusting "buttons" are functional.

This is happening after an issue last evening where the car would not start until after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Even then I had to put the keyless start switch in accessory mode first and then was able to start the car.

Any ideas on the clock adjust issue as well as what may have caused the "no start" issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
Yes,we are all basically screwed at this point in time once we have to charge your batteries we lose our time function because of the age of the car and the GPS system it cannot be upgraded so go to Amazon get yourself a little stick on clock and that's the best you could do sorry I don't have better news for you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes,we are all basically screwed at this point in time once we have to charge your batteries we lose our time function because of the age of the car and the GPS system it cannot be upgraded so go to Amazon get yourself a little stick on clock and that's the best you could do sorry I don't have better news for you
If you would have read some posts from at least the last few pages, you will see there is a fix specifically for 2008-2011 STS and can also be used on some older models with some loss of steering wheel functions on the older 05-07 models. See this post and download the service bulletin for the firmware links for the fix: #1,242

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've seen that document before but I could not use it as my car does not have those buttons.
What year do you have? Which buttons are you referring to?

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've seen that document before but I could not use it as my car does not have those buttons.
If your unit looks similar to this one, then use the procedure I mentioned above:

1261 - 1278 of 1278 Posts