Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1241 - 1248 of 1248 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
517 Posts
2006 STS 1SG:

Had the issue appear a year or so ago after my mechanic replaced a water pump and had disconnected the battery as standard practice.

I was tracking this early, but gave up after it was identified and GM declined to work the issue so I figured that I would have to wait until fall for it to sync back up.

I was going through some bookmarks this week and decided to see if there were any updates, imagine my surprise at seeing there was, then disappointment that it was not for my 2006, then hope once I saw that some had had the update work on their 06's!

Borrowed a portable burner from a friend, dug through the garage and found an old CD-RW disc, wiped the disc, loaded the image and performed the update.

Software loaded no problem and the clock came back. GPS did not sync however and took me taking the car back out today and ejecting/re-loading the map disc for it to do so.

The only issue that I had, was that I did not see any earlier posts mentioning the removal of the "Clock" softkey from the CONFIG screen. Mine is gone and the clock defaulted to CST (assuming since that is where it was built). It took me a bit but I figured out that long-pressing the Clock display softkey opened the clock setting page.

VR Steering Wheel key is dead as previously reported and I had to reset the Zone on the GPS, but I am very pleased to have my clock back, who woulda thunk how annoying that would become!

Thanks all and to DENSO (and those who lit fires) for getting this done. I was a Beta Tester for DENSO years ago on the STS and I only wished that some of what they had prototyped had made it into the car! It was a fun experience.

Note: CD-RW does work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have 2008 STS,would you mind sending loading.kwi file please? thanks a million. got vehicle back from dealer top of the year with same issue and they are clueless.

·
Registered
(1971 Ford Mach 1) 1995 STS + 2006 STS-V
31 Posts
I have a 2006 STS-V that I upgraded the radio firmware to an 08 so I can get my clock displaying the correct time. By doing so you'll lose some steering wheel control functions. What I do to work around it is that I flash it back to the original firmware once I get the correct time and date. Only drawback is once the battery gets disconnected you will have to update then downgrade again. I have done this a few times on my own car already. Not sure if it will work if you haven't done the update for reading new maps. I am not responsible if you brick your navigation system. Install the software at your own risk. The zip file will be linked through my google drive account.

https://drive.google.com/…/1l10qYSFcNhyjWrmuSXO9XBRc4…/view…
1. Burn then load LOADING.KWI (STS_GPS_MY_08_Fix) into your map dvd slot. Once it loads and sets your correct time move on to the next step. ( Skip this step if you have already installed this update)
2. Read and follow GMX295 Diagnostic Screen.pdf, At the bottom it shows how to force SW update ( Downgrade SW) May have to tried different unlock codes to get the downgrade function on the menu. Mine was 9448 btw.
3. Burn and load SW using the method mentioned above (2) file is VOL_200603291804 - DISC 1.iso That was the upgrade so your can read newer Navi discs.
4. Once loaded you should get back your steering wheel controls. May have to repeat step 3 if you do not.

1241 - 1248 of 1248 Posts