Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1201 - 1215 of 1215 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac STS 3.6 2006
85 Posts
I downloaded the file, unzipped it , buned LOADING.KWI on to a DVD+R and.......... nothing happens. The NAV system tells me it is not a NAV Map Disc. ????
I burned the file on a CD-R disc, maybe your mistake is that you burned it to a DVD ??
;-) Stig

·
Registered
Cadillac STS 3.6 2006
85 Posts
Did you format the CD in a particular way?
I'm not sure I understand your question, I've never formatted a CD before burning.
I right clicked on the file and selected send to CD-R and selected to burn and vupti it was over.
Where in the world do you live, if the postage doesn't get too expensive I can send my disc to you, but it may not work, maybe there is someone else wrong with your system ??

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Does anyone who used 08 fix at 05-06 cars has lockpick from Coastal eTech (unlock video in motion)? Wondering if update could interrupt work of this device, cause it was different versions for different model years...
I have a 2005 1SF STS and I also have a Lock Pick installed. I had the firmware update done years ago to use the newer Nav discs. I ran the 2008 firmware update on my car today and the Lock Pick, clock, date and GPS are all working great. As expected, the useless VR button is now deceased.

·
Registered
2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG
531 Posts

• I have a 2005 1SF STS and I also have a Lock Pick installed. I had the firmware update done years ago to use the newer Nav discs. I ran the 2008 firmware update on my car today and the Lock Pick, clock, date and GPS are all working great. As expected, the useless VR button is now deceased.
    Great. I 'll make update then. Thank you for report

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS
3 Posts
The clock adjust screen will come up after touching and holding for a couple seconds the clock area on the screen but none of the adjusting "buttons" are functional.

This is happening after an issue last evening where the car would not start until after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Even then I had to put the keyless start switch in accessory mode first and then was able to start the car.

Any ideas on the clock adjust issue as well as what may have caused the "no start" issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
I have a 07. My clock went out from changing batteries but after a while I decided to disconnect the battery and reconnect. After a couple of days the time came back.

·
Registered
2008 STS V
24 Posts
Mine did the same thing and eventually the clock just started working again. I still can't set the date though.
Hi Detective,
Just fixed my 2008 STS-V Navigation No Clock Displayed and No GPS Signal Displayed, successfully by following the posted instructions pieced together from a few different posts:

Cadillac STS radio with RPO YQ4
1. The website below depends on the model year of the Cadillac STS.
1.A. For navigation radio in 2008 STS with RPO YQ4, go to website
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/STS_GPS_MY_08_Fix.zip
1.B. For navigation radio in 2009-2011 STS with RPO YQ4, go to website
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/STS_GPS_MY_09_11_Fix.zip
2. "Format as a CD" not as a USB, then burn the LOADING.KWI to the root of a CD-R or DVD-R (CD-RW has not been tested). Other files can be on the CD, but it is not advised.
– Root
– —> LOADING.KWI
3. Make sure the vehicle is outside and the engine is running.
4. Power on the radio and eject the NAV disc and insert the burned CD. The update will start automatically. Quickly the Nav screen will turn white with the text about a system update in progress and a green progress bar. Takes about 5 minutes then it resets. The vehicle logo will be displayed once the update is completed.
5. Swap the burned CD with the Nav disc. A few minutes later there will be a GPS signal and a clock.

Johnny

ps: the clock will automatically eventually fix itself for 2005 thru 2007, but the date will be whacked like for many years ago. But you’ll have a clock displayed.

·
Registered
2008 STS V
24 Posts
Hi, i have an 08 STS. Could you please email me the fix? [email protected]
thanks.

For a 2008 STS-V Navigation No Clock Displayed and No GPS Signal Displayed, successfully by following the posted instructions pieced together from a few different posts:

Cadillac STS radio with RPO YQ4
1. The website below depends on the model year of the Cadillac STS.
1.A. For navigation radio in 2008 STS with RPO YQ4, go to website
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/STS_GPS_MY_08_Fix.zip
1.B. For navigation radio in 2009-2011 STS with RPO YQ4, go to website
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/STS_GPS_MY_09_11_Fix.zip
2. "Format as a CD" not as a USB, then burn the LOADING.KWI to the root of a CD-R or DVD-R (CD-RW has not been tested). Other files can be on the CD, but it is not advised.
– Root
– —> LOADING.KWI
3. Make sure the vehicle is outside and the engine is running.
4. Power on the radio and eject the NAV disc and insert the burned CD. The update will start automatically. Quickly the Nav screen will turn white with the text about a system update in progress and a green progress bar. Takes about 5 minutes then it resets. The vehicle logo will be displayed once the update is completed.
5. Swap the burned CD with the Nav disc. A few minutes later there will be a GPS signal and a clock.

Johnny

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac STS
18 Posts
Thank you to all the members that had informative posts for this issue. Just had this happen to me over the weekend and very happy to have it resolved so easily. I did have to read through about 50 some pages, but well worth the time!

1201 - 1215 of 1215 Posts