Cadillac Owners Forum banner

741 - 754 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hooray! My clock has come back! October 3, 2018. 2011 STS Luxury. The date is wrong and I cannot adjust it but that's OK because I usually know what day it is. The clock stopped working when I replaced the battery November 14, 2018. Some unknown person(s) fixed it without my knowledge but I hereby extend my deep appreciation to the good Samaritan responsible and I hope the, have great big apples on their tree.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you get this resolved? I am experiencing the same thing after having some work performed on my car (right rear wheel bearing hub replaced); i think they may have disconnected the battery since they had to replace the wheel hub harness as well.

Thanks.
Nick
I had my battery replaced today, now no clock! The settings do not function to reset it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The clock adjust screen will come up after touching and holding for a couple seconds the clock area on the screen but none of the adjusting "buttons" are functional.

This is happening after an issue last evening where the car would not start until after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Even then I had to put the keyless start switch in accessory mode first and then was able to start the car.

Any ideas on the clock adjust issue as well as what may have caused the "no start" issue. Thanks in advance for any help.
Same problem with the GPS not recognizing car's location. Cady dealer in Warwick R.I. did a timing chain and disconnected battery for 3 days to do job. When I got the car back it had no clock settings. It's the GPS that's affected. The dealer knows their are responsible for whatever happened, but said they need time to research the problem. If they don't know what to do, all people with this problem are left to their own demise. One other dealership said that MAYBE the ICM in the trunk area would need to be replaced. This control module is just under $500. I'll update once Herb Chambers contacts me this week on what they'll do.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
All the answers to your questions are not that many posts back from where you posted. Your dealer will be no help.

Denso has to come out with the fix first.

Maybe we need a new sticky that tells people what the issue is so we don't keep getting new reports of the same thing that's been hashed over 1000 times.

Maybe some new drive by posters will read it first.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I'm going to add this..........

This is a request for everyone.........

LET'S PLEASE KEEP NEW POSTS RELATED TO THE POSSIBLE FIX COMING.

The Nav clock/GPS problem is a WELL known issue that we've been talking about for a long time. It is a software bug that Denso (maker of the Nav unit) needs to fix (if they can).

WE DO NOT NEED ANY NEW POSTS ABOUT YOUR CLOCK NOT WORKING. IT IS HAPPENING TO ALL STSs THAT HAVE POWER REMOVED FROM THE NAV.

WE ALSO DON'T NEED POSTS ABOUT YOUR CLOCK RANDOMLY STARTED WORKING AGAIN. THAT IS ALSO WELL KNOWN THAT IT CAN RANDOMLY HAPPEN. That's not a solution to the problem.

Let's let Denso update us about progress on a fix. The rest is just noise at this point.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same problem with the GPS not recognizing car's location. Cady dealer in Warwick R.I. did a timing chain and disconnected battery for 3 days to do job. When I got the car back it had no clock settings. It's the GPS that's affected. The dealer knows their are responsible for whatever happened, but said they need time to research the problem. If they don't know what to do, all people with this problem are left to their own demise. One other dealership said that MAYBE the ICM in the trunk area would need to be replaced. This control module is just under $500. I'll update once Herb Chambers contacts me this week on what they'll do.
Please let me know more if the ICM in the trunk is replaced. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
With all due respect, the dealer should not have speculated or spoken about replacing any parts without doing the research first. This is a well known and documented problem. It is confirmed to be a firmware issue WITH THE NAVIGATION RADIO ONLY, and not any other components. I have no idea what an ICM module in the trunk area is. There are several modules in the trunk and/or under/on top of the rear deck, but that is not one of them. My best guess is that he meant to say VCIM (Vehicle Communication Interface Module). In short, this is the OnStar module. Many people mistakenly believe location information comes to the navigation display from the OnStar antenna (since OnStar also obtains GPS data from its roof antenna). Our navigation radios obtain GPS data using an antenna under the front dash. Bluetooth connectivity is managed through the VCIM, but this has nothing to do with the problem.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
It's hard to imagine at this point why certain people aren't understanding this. It's like they only read what they want to hear.

If people just have a little patience, most likely Denso will update us pretty soon when they know how a fix will be distributed and if they can solve the 05 thru 07 issue.

For those who don't read they have posted in this thread before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's nice that Denso is working on a fix, but it would be really nice if they provided updates to Cadillac and GM Customer Support Centers as well as their Corporate Offices. I've gone through the established complaint chain in GM as well as writing letters until I'm blue in the face, including to the CEO/Chairman and several Senior and Executive VP's. Not once have I received a written reply, always a phone call offering an apology and either a "we know nothing about it" or "we know about it but have no fix". I realize GM has no mandate to provide a fix, but they could at least have the courtesy to keep their customers and dealerships informed about an on-going search for a fix.
Unfortunately, I bought another new high end GM product just before this occurred with our STS; had I known the lack of support and seemingly lack of concern about a fix, I would have made the jump to a foreign made car. I've stuck with GM for 40 years, purchasing numerous new vehicles. But it appears that GM has lessened their priority on retaining long time loyalists.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's hard to imagine at this point why certain people aren't understanding this. It's like they only read what they want to hear.

If people just have a little patience, most likely Denso will update us pretty soon when they know how a fix will be distributed and if they can solve the 05 thru 07 issue.

For those who don't read they have posted in this thread before.
I like your idea of a "Sticky" note.
Obviously, nobody likes to read back or do research (even when answers are right at their fingertips).

Unfortunately, as more and more folks find this thread,
They will keep posting "my clock is dead". (Rhymes:))

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's nice that Denso is working on a fix, but it would be really nice if they provided updates to Cadillac and GM Customer Support Centers as well as their Corporate Offices. I've gone through the established complaint chain in GM as well as writing letters until I'm blue in the face, including to the CEO/Chairman and several Senior and Executive VP's. Not once have I received a written reply, always a phone call offering an apology and either a "we know nothing about it" or "we know about it but have no fix". ..... But it appears that GM has lessened their priority on retaining long time loyalists.
Yes, I (and most of us) have had the same "customer service". Also, many dealerships have no clue. Save your money on "dealer-fixes" - You're just throwing money down the commode. We're all waiting for Denso/GM......

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
It's nice that Denso is working on a fix, but it would be really nice if they provided updates to Cadillac and GM Customer Support Centers as well as their Corporate Offices. I've gone through the established complaint chain in GM as well as writing letters until I'm blue in the face, including to the CEO/Chairman and several Senior and Executive VP's. Not once have I received a written reply, always a phone call offering an apology and either a "we know nothing about it" or "we know about it but have no fix". I realize GM has no mandate to provide a fix, but they could at least have the courtesy to keep their customers and dealerships informed about an on-going search for a fix.
Unfortunately, I bought another new high end GM product just before this occurred with our STS; had I known the lack of support and seemingly lack of concern about a fix, I would have made the jump to a foreign made car. I've stuck with GM for 40 years, purchasing numerous new vehicles. But it appears that GM has lessened their priority on retaining long time loyalists.
I have no doubt that Denso is communicating with GM on a regular basis. This really has nothing to do with them. GM (from my experience) has never provided interim updates to dealers or their customer service agents while working on a fix. Bulletins are updated from time to time, but often to include additional vehicles affected by a problem or other non-"we're still working on it but don't have a fix yet" information. We need to consider ourselves very lucky to have received the updates and inclusion that we've had. To provide any information to, or interact with with car forum members is unlike any approach I've ever seen. The problem with them doing this is exactly what we're seeing here. Everyone now wants almost play-by-play updates. I'm just as anxious as everyone else because my STS is going into winter storage soon. I wanted to have this resolved before it does. I'm going to have to be patient just like everyone else and likely won't be able to have mine fixed until spring.

741 - 754 of 754 Posts