Cadillac Owners Forum banner

241 - 260 of 1169 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,765 Posts
My dealer said they had a bulletin from Cadillac which said, “Cadillac engineering is aware of the problem and is researching a fix, will notify when fix is available.”
Do you REALLY believe this will happen?:bsflag:

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,035 Posts
Did you not see the bulletin stuff I posted from that Corvette forum that someone else linked? That is why I am not calling - it said exactly what he quoted, and was an official GM bulletin. They already know about it. A couple dozen more calls from folks on this forum will not do anything except waste time.

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
94 Posts
A couple dozen more calls from folks on this forum will not do anything except waste time.
You are so WRONG! You clearly have no understanding of the history of GM and other car manufacturers of taking responsibility and fixing problems. Just because they acknowledge it, does not mean they will fix it. Use your voice, guy.

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
94 Posts
I'm just sure that my whole life will be topsy turvy when the clock craps out in the NAV unit in my car........ NOT!
Grow a pair, man. Go out and disconnect your battery overnight. Tell us about your life in the morning. I double dog dare you.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
2,035 Posts
jimijam said:
You are so WRONG! You clearly have no understanding of the history of GM and other car manufacturers of taking responsibility and fixing problems. Just because they acknowledge it, does not mean they will fix it. Use your voice, guy.
They would not have issued a public TSB acknowledging the problem saying that Engineering is looking into it, if the plan was to deny or do nothing. That doesn't guarantee a fix, but neither does calling. If it is possible and economical by some standard, they will fix ALL of the vehicles listed in the TSB and we are already on that list - they already know our clocks are broken and it is systemic rather than some individual unit fault (like a battery or other failure). The whole thing behind calling is to convince the OEM that there is a widespread issue in the first place (as opposed to "no, we've never seen that"). They already know about it and, most importantly, publicly acknowledged it. So that part is done.

Corvette people care about this. Presumably the truck people do. Do you think GM is like "it's gonna take 12 more calls from random people on the Cadillac forum or those STS people are SOL" ?

·
Registered
2007 STS 3.6 L
33 Posts
Its just like the oil burning issue on the 3.6 L . I was told by the local dealer I did not complain soon enough. I know there is a service bulletin on the issue but the dealer won't offer to help. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy any more vehicles from them

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
1,765 Posts
You assuming your dealer told the truth. They lie all the time.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts
Here in Alaska the NAV is virtually worthless already. There is map data for Alaska so you can track your progress but there is no POI data for Alaska so you can't set a destination unless you have already been there and set a waypoint. I can set destinations in Iowa but not any place in Alaska. The emergency locations provided are in Canada. I have to admit that when I first bought the car there was no Alaska data on the NAV discs of the time at all. After several years of complaining, Alaska map data was finally added to the NAV discs but never any POI data so you could plan and set a destination.

·
Registered
97 DeVille Base - SOLD, 2004 SRX, 2008 STS
25 Posts
The clock issue is I've that has been sent problem for some time. Probably a firmware issue. If the battery is disconnected and then car has over 100k miles then the clock hours black and the buttons to set the clock are non-responsive.

Mine is the same thing a couple months ago and yesterday and the blue clock just started working again so there is hope out there your clocks to return. I didn't do anything special to it just looked at it and it was working again good luck everyone.

·
Registered
2006 STS (1SG LH2 M22 JE5 FE3 F55 Q12 T43 K59 UV6 TT6 TQ5)
62 Posts
The clock issue is I've that has been sent problem for some time. Probably a firmware issue. If the battery is disconnected and then car has over 100k miles then the clock hours black and the buttons to set the clock are non-responsive.

Mine is the same thing a couple months ago and yesterday and the blue clock just started working again so there is hope out there your clocks to return. I didn't do anything special to it just looked at it and it was working again good luck everyone.
Mine's also not working after a recent battery change...and, in my case, "over 100k miles" has nothing to do with it as mine only has 65k.

As for me...having no clock is no biggie, but it would be nice to have it working since everything else on my car works great, now that I fixed my HVAC temperature control knob pulse generators.

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
94 Posts
Mine has 73K miles and no clock.

·
Registered
1995 ETC Pearl Red
7 Posts
Hey there, longtime Cadillac dealer tech here(I know, don't hate me). Had this problem on several vehicles recently and I know the "working on it" bulletin but here is something to try. (This may or may not have been from tech assist. Can neither confirm nor deny)

I recommend performing these steps.
• Power up the navigation unit
• Accept the warning notification by pressing “OK”
• Press the hard ‘MENU’ button
• On the touch screen push ‘Display’
• On the bottom left corner of the display press and hold for 7 to 10 seconds to reveal the ‘Enter PIN Code’ screen
• Enter the PIN ‘660’
• Then press ‘OK’ to move on to the ‘Screen Diagnostics’ menu
• The ‘Screen Diagnostics’ should now be displayed
• Select ‘Next Page’.
• Select the clock menu and set the time.
• After selecting “Set”, turn the key off and cancel RAP for at least 5 minutes and retest operation.

This has worked several times now but no guarantees-you know the story.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
It's not a hard key but shows up as a soft key in the left corner of the display when the map is up.
The rest of those steps may work. However I don't believe the 660 code works on the 08 STS.
I'd have to look up the codes again for 08+.

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
94 Posts
It's not a hard key but shows up as a soft key in the left corner of the display when the map is up.
The rest of those steps may work. However I don't believe the 660 code works on the 08 STS.
I'd have to look up the codes again for 08+.
Yeah, I've tried that and it didn't work because there is no option to set the clock. But figured the "tech" knew something we didn't when he posted his recommendations that included a "hard key".

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,957 Posts

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
Try the code 3657, my clock still works and I don’t have time to go poking around right now.
These are the other STS Nav codes I know some depend on model year and reveal different settings.

·
Registered
2006 STS (1SG LH2 M22 JE5 FE3 F55 Q12 T43 K59 UV6 TT6 TQ5)
62 Posts
Will try this procedure tomorrow. In the meantime, my car's an '06, and I don't have a map dvd anymore (I just use my smartphone like another forum user above does). Is there a PIN for my car? Is there a procedure that works that doesn't depend on the map being displayed?

241 - 260 of 1169 Posts