Cadillac Owners Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1169 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS, 2007 Escalade
2 Posts
My clock came back today, but the date is reading 31DEC2000. I had to adjust the time manually. Pressing GPS gives a false time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guess I'll join the club, battery died 2 weeks ago due to the cold, got another battery and lost the time like everyone else here. Weird because I have disconnected the battery multiple times over the last summer without issue, now this happens.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,713 Posts
Guess I'll join the club, battery died 2 weeks ago due to the cold, got another battery and lost the time like everyone else here. Weird because I have disconnected the battery multiple times over the last summer without issue, now this happens.
This started last fall.

·
Registered
2007 STS 3.6 L
33 Posts
I disconnected the battery on my 2007 sts for maybe 2 hrs to erase the engine light when I reconnected the battery no dash clock I tried every thing I could think of still no clock I bean having this problem for about 3 weeks

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
94 Posts
I disconnected the battery on my 2007 sts for maybe 2 hrs to erase the engine light when I reconnected the battery no dash clock I tried every thing I could think of still no clock I bean having this problem for about 3 weeks
Want to know how to get it fixed? Just ask.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,713 Posts
My customer just told me her clock came back by itself! Knew it was a satellite problem!
:bigroll:

Try disconnecting the battery again and see how long it takes the clock to come back. And did she check the date? And is the Nav locking on quickly like before (no one has answered this yet).

I am finding it hard to believe that some people just think the multi-billion dollar GPS network had a problem that they finally fixed after a few months. But wait, there was nothing on the news, and wait, this problem with the GPS network only affected Denso consumer devices. That's one specific problem.

Don't you think it's more likely that some are getting the clock back because a software routine timed out in the Denso unit. And they still aren't working right. The date is wrong and people are having to set the clock manually because the time from GPS is being interpreted incorectly. But maybe the US Government hasn't fully fixed the problem that only affects Denso Nav units. They are really slow.

·
Registered
2006 STS, 2007 Escalade
2 Posts
My GPS locks in right away like normal. I have my clock back but the date is wrong.
Gonna give it more time hopefully it'll come back too.

·
Registered
2007 STS 3.6 L
33 Posts
The GPS is a joke why pay for a updated Cd every year . I use google on my phone google will find me and give much more accurate directions

·
Registered
2008 STS V8
94 Posts
The GPS is a joke why pay for a updated Cd every year . I use google on my phone google will find me and give much more accurate directions
Have you disconnected your battery yet? When you do so, tell us how much you like having a nav unit in the center dash that has a clock that doesn't work because of a firmware issue that is/will affect a few hundred thousand vehicles.

·
Registered
Catera
21 Posts
My dealer said they had a bulletin from Cadillac which said, “Cadillac engineering is aware of the problem and is researching a fix, will notify when fix is available.”

221 - 240 of 1169 Posts