Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, just wondering if the V2 with ultraview has the same problem as my 07 SRX. The sunroof makes a loud popping noise whenever i roll over uneven bumps (especially while turning) or whenever the road makes the chassis twist. thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
'09 Sedan Black Raven M6; '14 Sedan Phantom Gray A6 Graphite
315 Posts
Well I haven't had that problem,... yet! I have had to have it re-synced at the dealership since delivery. I guess that's what it's called. Had a problem with it completing its open/close travel without having to pound on the button several times. Works fine now. Was the problem on your SRX ever fixed?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V
239 Posts
hey all, just wondering if the V2 with ultraview has the same problem as my 07 SRX. The sunroof makes a loud popping noise whenever i roll over uneven bumps (especially while turning) or whenever the road makes the chassis twist. thanks in advance guys.
My 09 makes no such noises. Now my 07 vette on the other hand, well that's a different issue.

Well I haven't had that problem,... yet! I have had to have it re-synced at the dealership since delivery. I guess that's what it's called.
Hmmm. When I press the Open button on mine, it opens 3/4 of the way, and I have to press it again to get it the rest of the way open. I have no issues closing. I have not yet checked my owner's manual so I'm unsure if my opening scenario is expected, but since it sounds like you had something similar, which was then fixed, it does make me wonder.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
The sunroof makes a loud popping noise whenever i roll over uneven bumps (especially while turning) or whenever the road makes the chassis twist.
I've noticed a click or pop under the same circumstances, but it's not loud. I haven't experienced any operational problems.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 DI, RWD, 6-Speed Manual, NAV, Summer Pkg. '11 CTS-V?
28 Posts
62Jeff said:
Hmmm. When I press the Open button on mine, it opens 3/4 of the way, and I have to press it again to get it the rest of the way open. I have no issues closing. I have not yet checked my owner's manual so I'm unsure if my opening scenario is expected, but since it sounds like you had something similar, which was then fixed, it does make me wonder.
This is normal action. Don't worry.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I hear the same as Razorecko describes. I'm glad I'm not alone. Mostly there's no noise, but it does pop up occasionally, especially above 60 degrees (which it is only rarely the last three weeks with my car).

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
I hear the same as Razorecko describes. I'm glad I'm not alone. Mostly there's no noise, but it does pop up occasionally, especially above 60 degrees (which it is only rarely the last three weeks with my car).
Yea same here, when its cold its fine. I think that there is expansion from the warmth somewhere and is causing the noise. I told the dealer about it but i'll tackle it in a few thousand miles ( more break-in) if nothing changes.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, White Diamond, Auto, all optons, Corsa Pipes
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I haven't had that problem,... yet! I have had to have it re-synced at the dealership since delivery. I guess that's what it's called. Had a problem with it completing its open/close travel without having to pound on the button several times. Works fine now. Was the problem on your SRX ever fixed?
dealer replaced the spacers and supposedly put some kind of rubber cushioning that GM supplied but the problem still exists. sounds exactly the same as it did before the "fix." very annoying...i'm waiting for the entire piece of glass to go flying one of these days.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
In several previous threads, I stated my reasons for not wanting a sun roof. The reasons are primarily due to potential leaks and noise. I believe the problems described above fall into the noise category.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
^ yea same here, after i made my order nearly two weeks before arrival i wanted to cancel and get it w/out a sunroof but i didnt want to wait another 8 weeks for delivery so i took it. I hope i dont reallllllly regret that choice.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Yea same here, when its cold its fine. I think that there is expansion from the warmth somewhere and is causing the noise. I told the dealer about it but i'll tackle it in a few thousand miles ( more break-in) if nothing changes.
Agree. I'm not worrying about it until the first oil change.

·
Registered
Cadillac
69 Posts
I had a small problem after day 2. It was a little annoying squeaky, plastic on plastic sound I would hear at slow speeds like over neighborhood bumps and parking lot speeds. I'm a self confessed freak over that stuff. I will stop the car and push on every panel and piece of trim till I find it. Once I hear it I can't hear anything else, just the annoying sound.

I took the service man for a ride, they kept the car overnight and added some form of insulation near the rear of the roof. He said the CTS nonV had the same issue now and then. Problem solved. I haven't heard it since and my OCD is now fixated on the fingerprints on the piano black dash.

Chris

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
I've actually localized the sound (or my sound at least) to the hard plastic ring that goes around the roof. If I push on it I can hear it seating itself. This comes as a partial relief as it doesn't seem to be coming from the glass sections.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
68 Posts
I have noticed similar creaking noises when going over significantly uneven surfaces, such as when backing out of the driveway. As previously mentioned, pushing on the plastic ring from inside the car can reproduce the sound.

So far, this is my solution: There seem to be three brackets on each side that can be felt if the sun shade is moved into the back position. In my case, the creaking seemed to be coming from the area of the brackets, so I focused on those areas. I can only feel the rearmost two of the three, but can see the frontmost one on both sides with the shade and sunroof open all the way, with the front door open, and standing on the running board, leaning over the open sunroof (If you're 6'4", that may not be necessary). I put a few drops of 30w oil on the top surface of the plastic ring at the location of the brackets, then pushed on the ring a little to get the oil to move between the adjacent surfaces. So far, no creaking!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts