Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRX
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice for other owners on how to deal with Cadillac on getting my Ultaview sunroof repaired and being reimbursed for some repairs I've already made.

Specifically:
1) I paid nearly $500 in Fall of 2014 to have the "pass-through" connector under the driver's seat replaced. It was corroded from water leaking into the cabin due to the sunroof's drain hose getting plugged. In February of this year I received a letter from Cadillac acknowledging the sunroof drain problem and agreeing to pay for any repairs made. The dealer claims they submitted reimbursement paperwork to GM 3 weeks ago, but after spending a 1/2 hour on the phone with Cadillac customer service, they have no record of any reimbursement paperwork being submitted. Why anyone uses "paper" nowadays is beyond me. It would seem an electronic form could be filled in.

2) The electric lift gate works intermittently. The rear compartment was wet during the winter, so I assume the rear hoses are plugged and water leaked into the rear hatch, and now the lift gate control module is damaged. It would be nice to try and blow out the hoses in the back of the sunroof, but....

3) The sunroof no longer opens. The dealer told me they could try replacing the drive motor for the sunroof (at a cost of $1200) but that may not fix the problem. They couldn't even tell me if the existing motor was bad.

So I'm looking for some advice for other forum members here. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth spending the money to fix the sunroof and lift gate, or just trade it in. Since Cadillac is not going to pay to have these repairs done, I'm not sure if its worth it. Dealing with Cadillac's customer "assistance" center is also a waste of time. It's too bad, as I really like the spy photo's of the SRX replacement (XT5), but at this point I can't see myself purchasing one. Cadillac's new pricing structure is in-line with the German luxury brands, but their customer service is in-line with Chevrolet.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
1. Remove existing sunroof using large hammer.
2. Close the resulting opening by welding in large pieces of the appropriate sheet metal.
3. Prime and paint to match existing vehicle color.
4. Install padding and headliner material to match or complement current interior.

Problem solved. :highfive:

I jest obviously, but I'm also sympathetic to your situation and wish I had a serious recommendation but I don't. I've also never been a fan of vehicles with a hole in the roof and your situation is just one reason why.

·
Registered
2016 SRX Performance, 2006 STS 4,
234 Posts
If your not in warranty, I would suggest calling your insurance company as water entering the vehicle would be cover under your comp coverage and would be responsible for your deductible and let the dealer deal with them

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
Get all of your ducks in a row and go to Small Claims Court! Everyone will be on equal terms. If Dealership / GM does not show, you automatically win. I'm sure once the Dealership receives the notice and GM is also on the claim, someone will answer you. Depending on where you live, Small Claims should be less than $25-

12,778 Posts
Hi saugusta,

I’m sorry to see that you’re frustrated both with the electrical and sunroof concerns you’ve encountered with your vehicle as well as the customer service you’ve received when you called in for assistance. I would like the opportunity to review the case that was started for you when you called in, as well as see if your paperwork for reimbursement was received. Could you please send me either your case number (71-**********) or VIN in a private message?

Best,
Alex H.
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts