Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
cts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange fault on my electric windows, they will work form the drivers switch pack, but they will not work from passenger door switches. The DIC setting are switched on for window lock out, but this only switches rears or all other passenger windows of. The dealer has changed the main switch thinking it was the lock out button at fault, this has made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas or a copy of a wiring diagram from window switch to DIM and windows??

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
It's a long shot but, try removing one of the battery cables for ten min. When you reconnect, press the window down then up, when it hits the top, keep your finger on the up for 3 extra seconds. Do this for the other windows as well. It's a programming thing you have to do if your battery dies. Like I said, it's a long shot.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,824 Posts
And I hope that you didn't pay for the replacement of the driver's window switches. Because that "disable passenger" window switch is just a simple press and release button. When you press it, it tells the computer to lock out, or unlock the other windows. Notice how you can press that as many times as you want when you have the key off and out. It won't change the setting for lock, or unlock. Where as on other cars, if you press that same button it will change it from lock to unlock whether the key is on or off.

If you are still having problems with it after what Sammy Z said, then have the dealer replace the computer that controls it. I assume the bcm, but they would have to follow the wires.

KOT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts