Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

yikes...looks like i got some fixin' to do!

This is between the front and rear driver side doors. at the bottom.

·
Registered
85 Fleetwood Brougham
34 Posts
you may want to poke further underneath of your car and make sure its not worse than that . if it is sand it all down and prime and paint and give it a new undercoating .

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. gatta love the maine winters. :D

I'm sure I'll be doing some rust repairs this summer

·
Registered
85 Fleetwood Brougham
34 Posts
i know what you mean about nasty winters my cadillac is from texas and its never seen this illinois snow i just pulled it out of storage been sitting since 2005 ive owned it for 11 years .

i got her running last tuesday and im planing on a 500 swap with a 4 speed manual

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
best of luck in dealing with your rust issues. I'm hoping that's just surface rust.
take off that trim on the bottom of the car. I see rust hiding under it too.

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
My car has some spots like that (especially on the left rear fender). I just sanded it down to what appeared to be bare metal, then coated the area with rust reformer, and painted over it. It's not perfect, because the metal is blistered and uneven where the rust was, but it'll do until I can afford a professional de-rusting and patch job.

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
At least you discovered before it is getting worse . I may be wrong but I believe 1993-96 Fleetwoods have better rust protection than their predecessors

1 - 7 of 7 Posts