Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
1

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SORRY GUYS OFF TOPIC. BUT I MUST SAY THE UFC RULES. I LOVE IT:want:
 

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
Joined
·
3,570 Posts
They both rule.

UFC figher more often than not > K1 fighter though. :D
 

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Ultimate Fighting Championship. One reason I took up MMA back in the day (mid 1990's).
 

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Joined
·
12,114 Posts
I bought the fights and had some buddies over tonight. Great fights tonight. I was 4/4 on predictions. I'll be buying the UFC 57 on Feb 4th too. :D
 

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
K1>UFC????What????
Having competed in MuayThai and NHB fighting, my personal experience is that it is a different world. A great striker can do plenty but when faced with a moderate grappler, its no contest.
After 5 years of MT, I switched to Gracie via Renzo Gracie in Manhattan. It was there that I became a more-complete fighter. There are many aspects of fighting, and one must learn them all.

Don't get me wrong, anything is better than nothing and I have a real love for stand-up....it's the better bar-room style, but should the fight go to the ground you better know what to do and how to finish it.

I hate the current rules of the UFC that impose time limits and striking restrictions (no knees on the ground, no back of the head hits, no head-butts), as they are leading to a degredation of skill and an increase of the very boring "ground-and-pound" style, that is so prevalent in today's bouts.
Bring back the tournament style of fighting...8 fighters enter, one leaves the champion....that was when it was really good.

But I'm glad to see the sport didn't die, as many a critic would have liked. I know it had to evolve and become "sanctioned" to survive, but I miss the pure fighting of the old days. And mostly, I miss the underground dojo-challenges of my youth; when my joints worked and I didn't need naproxen to move the next day.....
-ace
 

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
ace996 said:
K1>UFC????What????
Having competed in MuayThai and NHB fighting, my personal experience is that it is a different world. A great striker can do plenty but when faced with a moderate grappler, its no contest.
After 5 years of MT, I switched to Gracie via Renzo Gracie in Manhattan. It was there that I became a more-complete fighter. There are many aspects of fighting, and one must learn them all.

Don't get me wrong, anything is better than nothing and I have a real love for stand-up....it's the better bar-room style, but should the fight go to the ground you better know what to do and how to finish it.

I hate the current rules of the UFC that impose time limits and striking restrictions (no knees on the ground, no back of the head hits, no head-butts), as they are leading to a degredation of skill and an increase of the very boring "ground-and-pound" style, that is so prevalent in today's bouts.
Bring back the tournament style of fighting...8 fighters enter, one leaves the champion....that was when it was really good.

But I'm glad to see the sport didn't die, as many a critic would have liked. I know it had to evolve and become "sanctioned" to survive, but I miss the pure fighting of the old days. And mostly, I miss the underground dojo-challenges of my youth; when my joints worked and I didn't need naproxen to move the next day.....
-ace
Yeah, Muay Thai is a great style. I took some of that up a while ago too. I find it very practical for striking uses, even more so than the black belt I earned in Tae Kwon Do.

But because of the UFC back in the Gracie days, I went over to Jiu-Jitsu to learn some better grappling techniques to become the more complete fighter that I was meant to be...Unfortunately when you take another art while doing something under a traditional Grand Master (TKD), you're bound to get the boot from that school of study...Which I was.
 

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
Joined
·
1,241 Posts
Good for you! Find your path...YOUR PATH, not someone else's and you'd be amazed at what can happen.

If you have not done so already, obtain a copy of Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do. You don't have to follow his style, per se, but it is a great door opener for your "own way".
-ace
 

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
Elvis said:
So this is gloves-off, ass whooping until somebody passes out?
Yeah, sounds like a real hoot! :ill: :canttalk: :hitstick::kick:
 

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
Joined
·
10,429 Posts
I'm gettin old, I'd much rather watch than participate but if I had my choice it would be a good book in the comfort of my living room.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Already have tickets on the way for #57 in Feb. Been a fan since the beginning. And just my 2c, K1 doesn't even compare.

Mike
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
756 Posts
I've been a big fan since UFC1 and the Gracie days. Did anyone else think that poor Nate was just completely out-classed against Franklin?
 

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
Joined
·
12,114 Posts
Slywun said:
I've been a big fan since UFC1 and the Gracie days. Did anyone else think that poor Nate was just completely out-classed against Franklin?
One of the guys who was over here for the fights insisted that Quarry was going to beat Franklin. I told him the fight wouldn't go 3 rounds and Franklin would bring it to an end. I wasn't surprised he got KOd in the first. Nate hasn't really fought anybody until UFC 56 (shame his "somebody had to be Franklin). He's a decent fighter, but obviously not champion material.

I know where I'm going to be come Feb 4th!! :lildevil: Woot...UFC 57...Coture and Liddell III.
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
756 Posts
Rolex said:
He's a decent fighter, but obviously not champion material.

I know where I'm going to be come Feb 4th!! :lildevil: Woot...UFC 57...Coture and Liddell III.
That's awesome, hope you have a good time. I've been trying to talk my friend into going out to Vegas for one of the events (without success). You'll have to let me know how it was in person.

I think Nate would be out-classed even with the likes of Evan Tanner....maybe the middle weight class doesn't have the depth needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
That knockout of Nate is sure to turn up on one of the UFC Ultimate Knockout videos. I've seen some good ones but Nate got hammered. Couture/Liddell 3 is gonna be one of the biggest yet.

And yes, Evan Tanner would kick the living s**t out of Nate.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top