Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uber has rolled out their "SELECT" service in Chicago and oddly, the Escalade does not make this list. I have contacted them to ask why and to change that and here is the reply I received:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out and happy to explain.
I understand that you are frustrated about your vehicle not being accepted into this particular class. I hope you'll understand that the requirements and expectations that we set, which include car year, color, make, and model, are decided upon so that so that the riders requesting this option get a particular level of quality.
I'm afraid that this is not something that we're able to make exceptions too at this time.
If you have questions about anything else, I'm more than happy to help.

Here are the criteria:
Model years: 2007 or newer
- Color & trim: Any monochrome exterior
- Interior: Leather only
- Must have four (4) doors and five (5) or more seatbelts

Mind you, they allow a Hummer H2, lad rovers, and even the Chrystler 300.

Any thoughts? Any Cadillac reps like to chime in?

----------

Here is my reply to them:

Thank you for getting back to me. Your answer is both vague and does not answer my question.

"the requirements and expectations that we set, which include car year, color, make, and model, are decided upon so that so that the riders requesting this option get a particular level of quality."

Please explain your reasoning specifically as to why the vehicle is not included in the list.

1. Cadillac is GMs luxury brand. There is a worldwide saying "The Cadillac of (...)" meaning that something is the high end of it's class.

2. The Escalade is the highest selling GM luxury vehicle

3. The Escalade meets EVERY one of the criteria set for the UberSelect vehicles

4. The Escalade is used for UberBLACK which is there to allow users to select a luxury (limousine) vehicle, but it is not allowed in UberSELECT.

5. If you say that you do not allow SUVs, your selection of the Hummer H2 and the Land Rovers would beg to differ.

6. The Escalade starts at over $70K, well over many of the cars on your list

Please specifically let me know why I, who
pay much more in insurance because I own a luxury vehicle
pay much more in parts ($250 per strut that I just had replaced, for example) because of luxury vehicle level parts
pay much more in gas because it's a luxury vehicle (premium only)
am told multiple times per day that I have the nicest Uber they have ever taken

Why am not allowed to receive the small benefit of providing users with a luxury experience.
Your decision to leave this car off of the list seems arbitrary and I would like a more specific explanation.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
You're one brave soul to sign up your Escalade for Uber service. I don't trust people enough to allow them in my vehicle as a taxi. Good for you, I'm too chicken.

Have you had good luck with Uber (other than the issue you posted)? Is it good money?

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's not that your vehicle isn't good enough. It's just that it belongs in the UberBlack category. It's my understanding that your vehicle is placed in certain categories and you can't just jump
down in class if you aren't getting any hits on your current class. Example: you can't log in as a UberBlack, but not get any hits, but then go down to UberX with the same vehicle and take the lesser fair just to get some customers.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
It's a struggle with me I carry all my football gear in the back row smells like feet haha and my girls make up is in the center console haha in the arm rest console too no room for me the middle row is showroom new :(

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
Not that I would ever do this but what are the ramifications on your insurance?

If you had an accident and high claim amounts due to personal injury I'd be worried about the insurance company denying the claim as you're technically using it as a taxi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts