Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Deville 4.6 Northstar
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just pulled this code U1016 loss of communication with PCM. Can anyone shine some light on this situation for me? It's a 2002 deville base model with a few options and no after market parts 90k on the odometer and in immaculate condition very well maintained but it's new to me and I'm trying to work out all the bugs

·
Registered
2001 Deville DTS
136 Posts
What are your symptoms? Assuming you have no symptoms and were just checking codes: I've heard that most of those U codes are "bogus". Delete it and see if it comes back, or leave it be and see if it goes into History.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
........... and is the U code Current or History ???? Most U codes are set by datastream hiccups and voltage hiccups. If the code is H, then let it quietly disappear on its own, like all H codes eventually do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just stumbled upon it and it sounded horrible I'll see if it goes to history

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'm not really having any serious problems other than this Damn magnasteer the only other codes were for high current to my air compressor for the leveling system and another for the rear air conditioning system kinda annoying when that compressor kicks on a lot and as for the air conditioning the front works so it's not the worst thing ever.

----------

Slight misfire occasionally but it only seems to happen when she's cold at idle and only every few weeks or so it's like I'll be sitting in idle and it'll studder from 650 rpm to 625 basically I'm just trying to catch any serious problems before they get out of control. Love this car and want to keep it maintained as well as possible

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are your symptoms? Assuming you have no symptoms and were just checking codes: I've heard that most of those U codes are "bogus". Delete it and see if it comes back, or leave it be and see if it goes into History.
i am having same issue got codes cleared but it stay in history is that a bad thing i tried cleaning out codes no.codes come up only history?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

Post your car, year, model and we'll move this to a more active forum. This thread has been dead for 6 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts